Thomas // Reality (Pt.2) *REQUEST*

* Hey guys! I'm back! I only took a week off but I feel it was long enough not to post. I hopefully will get back on track and write better. Thank you.

This was requested by @A5BloodyInspired
I thought your request would work better as a part 2 to Reality so I really hope it turned out the way you had in mind. Hope you all like it.

WARNING: there are scenes from the Death Cure in here so if you haven't seen it yet then don't read! I changed up some things from the movie too so I hope you don't hate it *

The movie was almost finished being filmed. We had already shot everything past losing Newt up until the last few minutes which were all mine. Everyone had done their parts for Newt's monologue, including carving Newt and Teresa's name on the stone in the center of paradise. All that was left now was me reading Newt's letter.

Newt had given Thomas the necklace that would hold the handwritten letter back in the last city so Thomas now had to give it to Amelia. That part was already filmed yesterday, along with most of the individual moments some of the cast had and today I was filming the final scene.

Just like every other day of filming, I went through wardrobe and makeup before being brought to my cue for the shot. The filming of the movie was being done in Cape Town, South Africa so I had a gorgeous view of the beach as I waited for my scene to start.

"You ready for today?" Thomas's voice broke my intense stare out at the water. I didn't realize I had zoned out on it's deep color until he spoke. He came up behind me with both of his arms wrapping around my waist, his chin settling on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm ready. It's bittersweet but I'm ready," I replied with a sigh. I was excited to finish filming so that Wes and his team can stitch it all together to make an amazing movie. But that just means the end of the trilogy, the end of an era.

The two of us spent the next few minutes sitting there as we waited for the crew to set everything up. We could hear them yell orders to each other and move machinery back and forth but we tried focusing on the sounds of the crashing waves a little bit ahead of us. We hoped the waves would keep me calm enough for this scene.

"Wes is gonna have me right over there reading it to you," he whispered in my ear, his warm breath tickling it. "He figured that it would make the scene more intense if you were hearing my voice as you read it." Nodding slightly, I spun around to wrap my arms around his neck.

"Is it bad that I can't wait till this movie is over?" He chuckled before placing a kiss onto my forehead.

A few clicks were heard behind us before Wes announced, "Alright, we're all set." Thomas kissed my forehead once more and walked behind the camera. He was given a script typed up with his lines while I was handed the real letter. Wes trusted Thomas enough to let him both write the letter in his own handwriting and in his own words without anyone from the script team changing it. The letter was genuine and it made the movie that much better.

"(Y/N), just do it like we told you," Wes said. I was only to read the letter with the exact facial expressions I thought Amelia would make because most of the monologue would be showing how the Gladers are adapting to their new life in paradise.

A few chaotic seconds went by before the marker was called out and Wes yelled action. Showtime.

Dear Amelia,

This is the first letter I can remember writing. I don't know if I wrote any before the maze, but even if it's not my first its likely to be my last. I want you to know that I'm not scared. Well, not of dying anyway, its more forgetting, its losing myself to this virus, that's what scares me. So every night I've been saying their names out loud, Alby, Winston, Chuck, and I just repeat them over and over like a prayer and it all comes back. Just the little things, like the way the sun hit your hair from that small window every morning in our room and I remember the taste of strawberries I would steal from the gardens to share with you when none of the other shanks were looking. And I remember you... I remember the first time you came up in the box, you nearly took my breath away the first time I looked at you with those wide yet scared eyes, but from the moment you trusted me enough to take my hand, I knew I would do anything for you. And I have. If I could do it all over again, I would, and I wouldn't change a thing. And my hope for you is when you're looking back years from now, you'll be able to say the same thing, be able to come out strong from this because I know you are, love. Take care of everyone for me, and please take care of yourself. You deserve to be happy.

Thank you for being the love of my life.

Goodbye darling,

Newt

-----

Another few weeks went by before Wes called us all to set for the screening. He wanted us to be the first to watch the movie since it would still be another whole month before the movie was to be released to theaters. This was better for us because I could get all my crying out before I was all done up with makeup for the premiere.

"It's finally here guys," Ki Hong said right before it was about to start. All of the cast was there to enjoy this moment together, as a family. "What we've worked months for is finally here."

"I'm not ready," Dylan suddenly whined in an over exaggerated cry. We all laughed while settling into our seats for the movie to begin.

The cast was probably the most fun group of people you could watch a movie with. From their cheers when a character was first introduced into the screen, the boos when the villain came on the screen and the laughs shared when someone decided to remind us of a funny outtake or blooper. But everything calmed down when that scene came.

Thomas had pulled me close to his chest when he noticed the tears already filling my eyes once I saw Newt yell at Thomas to take the necklace. He focused all of his attention on me as the scene went through since my cries only increased from there. A few of the others around me were crying just as much so we were sitting in a pool of white tissues.

Then it happened. The music slowed almost to a stop, Thomas and Newt froze in place on the screen until Thomas backed up a foot, revealing the knife lodged in Newt's chest. Chills spread throughout my entire body at the same time as my hand covered my agape mouth. Tears streamed down my cheeks endlessly as I stared at Newt falling to the ground.

"Shhh, I'm right here," Thomas said to me with his arms tightening. A few other girls in the room were crying hysterically into one another, which led to a few of the boys teasing them about it. In all honesty, they were just trying to hide their own tears too.

I heard my scream faintly behind the raised music out of the speakers as I watched through different eyes the scene I had performed only weeks prior. I pretty much felt right now exactly how I looked on screen.

I was able to calm down enough to finish the rest of the movie, not that there was ever a second my cheeks were dry. Thomas tried wiping the tears away every few seconds but ended up giving up. By the time the movie was over, there wasn't a dry eye.

Everyone simultaneously began clapping once the credits started rolling through. We clapped throughout the entire credits as a way of thanking each and every person listed. Every person in the room had a bright smile on their face, regardless of the amount of tears as well. All of the hard work we have done not only for this movie for but for all three has brought us to this moment. A beautiful moment we all were happy to share with new friends that we would have for the rest of our lives.

And it all really sank it when Wes made one final statement. "That's a wrap on The Maze Runner series."