Newt // What is Right (Pt.2) *REQUEST*

* As promised, here is the highly requested part 2! It's not as good as the last part but I hope you like it. *

(Y/N) walked off while Teresa made the call to Janson. She didn't want to hear what she had done. Her mind was a battlefield of two opposing thoughts fighting to win over the other. She didn't trust WICKED but she knew a cure was in desperate need if this was the way the world looked now. She knew Newt hadn't purposefully done this to destroy her, but she still never wanted to see him again. She wanted a new life, one where she could restart with fresh memories, as if waking up in the box all over again.

As she was walking down the hill top, Thomas rushed past her looking for the two girls. He asked if she was okay and she mustered up the most believable lie she could. Thankfully, he bought it.

"She's up there if you want to talk to her," she told him while pointing up the canyon behind her. Thomas thanked her and rushed up to find the girl mentioned.

(Y/N) continued down the hill and stopped where she thought was a good place to sit. She had full view of the Right Arm so she could watch each of the members run around with errands to make. She noticed the familiar head of sandy blond hair out of the mess. She cursed herself mentally for always being so aware of where he was; it was just instinct by now. Newt was scanning over every part of the Right Arm as if searching for somebody. For a moment, she believed he was looking for her but she wouldn't let herself be so naïve.

Her eyes were suddenly drawn to the lights approaching in the distance. As far as she could see, there were only two bergs coming towards the camp. The bergs brought both relief and panic to her when she realized two things: they were coming for her and to take her away.

It wasn't until the first explosion went off that she moved from sitting on the floor. She could already hear the screaming of the Right Arm members when part of the camp was engulfed in flames. This isn't what she wanted. This isn't what she thought would happen.

The crunching of leaves and rocks under someone's feet brought her attention towards Thomas who was barreling down the hill. If he noticed her, he didn't mention it because he ran straight into the burning camp to find his friends. (Y/N) had to fight her body that was used to running to Newt and her friends when something was wrong. This time, she had to do this without them.

Teresa came down from where Thomas just was only moments later. Unlike Thomas, she stood beside her friend and watched the berg land in the open space of the canyon. Heavily armored guards pooled out of the bergs and by order, shot their stunners at every person unwilling to listen to them. She watched four people collapse onto the floor in agonizing pain before turning to Teresa.

"Teresa," was the only thing she could get out. She wasn't sure to what to say but she figured her watery eyes and quivering lip was enough words spoken.

Teresa put her arm around her friend. "It's gonna be alright. This is what has to happen if we want to save them. The sacrifice of a few, for the good of the many."

That sentence caused waves of unease to spread through (Y/N). Those words sounded sickening, as if just those words could seep poison into the veins of innocent people. She knew those weren't her friend's words but someone else's.

Teresa grabbed onto (Y/N)'s arm loosely to walk with her towards the camp. The WICKED soldiers were able to shoot each of the kids and line them up in front of the berg. It wasn't until all of the Gladers (lastly Thomas) were lined up that Janson and Ava Paige walked off the berg.

Teresa led (Y/N) straight towards Ava who was happy to see the girls. Ava put her arm on (Y/N)'s shoulder, her thin painted lips curling into a grin. She looked down at the ground, unable to look at Ava or the Gladers to her right.