Newt // Brother and Sister (Pt.2) *REQUEST*

* As promised, here is the part 2. It isn't my best work and I don't like the ending but I think it's okay for having writers block. I hope you all don't hate it. *

After telling him I agreed, we packed up a bag of supplies we felt were useful, including extra things to give to Newt and Sonya in case they were in bad shape. The scorch was terrifying but it was worth it if it meant the two of them would be safe.

We stole one of the vans when Vince wasn't looking. Of course we fought over who was the better one to hot wire the car when we couldn't find the key but I ended up letting him do it to keep from wasting anymore time. The drive was silent, as anticipated, and we drove straight back to where the road ended. From there we had to finish the rest on foot.

The two of us walked through the hot sand towards the destroyed city that seemed miles and miles away. It was ironic that the gladers and I spent days trying to leave the scorch to get to the mountains and here we were leaving the mountains to get to the scorch.

We were only at the edge of the city when something caught my eye: a jacket, more specially, Newt's jacket. I ran over to it and picked it up, shaking off all of the sand covering it. I knew Newt and I knew that even in the hot scorch, he wouldn't just leave his jacket.

"They were here," I said weakly, holding back the emotions I felt. I had known Newt for as long as I could remember and this was the first time we were ever apart or at least that I didn't know where he was.

We continued into the city, avoiding the blocks crawling with cranks. Neither of us actually knew where in the scorch the siblings would be so we just kept walking, hoping for some kind of sign to let us know we were in the right direction.

Hours later, the sun was toasting our skin and our shoes were filled with sand. We had spent the whole night looking for the two of them and found nothing else besides the jacket.

"Maybe we should go back," Xander offered when we took a break and finished drinking the water that was originally supposed to be for Newt and Sonya. "It's not that I don't want to find them but we can't do this on our own anymore. If we go back, we can get the others to come out here and help us."

I knew he was right; we wouldn't last another day out here with our limited supplies. Taking a deep breath, I tried keeping my eyes from watering at the thought of stopping our search for Newt.

"If we don't stop now, we won't be any better off than them." I nodded to Xander, agreeing with his plan and letting him lead us back to the mountains.

The trek back felt longer, as if the three hour trip tripled since we'd gotten here. The guilt we felt for stopping and the sorrow we felt for not finding them was taking a toll on how fast we got back. Eventually, we did get back to the car.

We both froze in place when we noticed two people were already there when we arrived. The siblings themselves were propped up on the hood, smiling at each of us.

"Wha-what did... how did... b-but... what?" I stuttered, my brain not yet wrapping around what I was looking at.

"We planned all this—being taken by the cranks, leaving my jacket—to get you two to stop bickering and work together. It was adorable, don't get me wrong, but we can't have our love's fighting all the time. Now look at you," Newt explained with the proud smile still on his face.

Xander and I exchanged looks, our mouths still propped open in shock. We then turned back to the siblings before telling them exactly how we felt.

The two were shocked by our reaction of yelling simultaneously at them. We spewed out everything we had done in the past 24 hours looking for them and how we felt for them deceiving us about being taken by cranks.

Newt and Sonya moved synchronized towards us and wrapped their arms around us. We stopped taking almost instantly and hugged them back tightly.

"I thought I lost you," I mumbled into his shirt as I gripped on it to pull him closer. Newt shushed me to get me to calm down.

"Come on. Let's get you home," Sonya said and walked to the car, her arms still around Xander and mine still around Newt. Each of us took our seats in the truck, Xander driving alongside Sonya and Newt and I in the back.

"If you two ever do something like that again," I began.

"We will have to kill you," Xander finished.

In a laugh, they both promised to never do it again. As Newt and Sonya wanted, Xander and I might get along a lot better thanks to the awful experience the brother and sister put us through.