Newt // The Flare (Pt.5) *REQUEST*

* I think this is my favorite mini-series I've ever written! This is the final part so hope you like it! *

Newt broke out of his stunned persona to deflect the girls attack by spinning her arms until she crashed onto the floor. As much as he felt like he was hurting her, it wasn't his girl that was attacking him and he needed to understand that. The flare had taken over her mind and body completely so she wasn't aware that she was trying to kill her boyfriend.

She wasn't affected by that fall much since she was almost instantly back on her feet and charging at the boy again. She howled out as she ran forward, sounding exactly like the other cranks they had run into who were way past the gone. Newt couldn't even imagine what she would look like if she did pass the gone and he didn't want to.

(Y/N) had managed to grab onto Newt and pull him with her on the ground only for them to roll around a few times as each one tried to be on top of the other. Newt ended up pushing her off him harder than before because she spun off him completely, landing a few feet away from him.

She was hunched over the ground panting for breath when she must have taken hold of the flare for a few seconds when she yelled out, "Newt! Kill me!" She sobbed loudly but was quickly taken over by the flare again because she jumped up and attacked Newt again.

They wrestled on the ground until Newt became powerless under her extra strength. She had each of her legs on either side of his body, her jaw snapping towards him to try and get a bite of his flesh. Newt knew that no matter what happened after all this, this image would never leave his brain.

"(Y/N)! Love, please! It's me!" Newt screamed at her, trying to say anything that might get her to pull out of the flare and become herself again.

Newt wasn't sure if it was his words or if it really was all her but the flare seemed to rest at bay inside her, (Y/N) at the steering wheel instead of the virus. She looked down at Newt as if she didn't remember what happened and was evaluating the area. Once she did figure it out, a sob escaped her lips and her hands fell limp in his own.

"I'm sorry—I'm sorry, Newt. I never wanted to hurt you." Newt whispered to her many times that it was alright and tried placing his hand on her cheek to wipe her tears but she lost her grip on the sickness.

She reached across her body to grab the gun in its holster strapped to her thigh. She loaded it midair and pressed the barrel to her head.

"NO!" Newt screamed out while hitting the gun out of her hand and across the courtyard, elicting another howl from the girl.

Thomas could see Newt no longer had the upper hand on her so he tackled her off, the two tumbling to the ground in a mess of limbs. She was quick to recover and unceremoniously got to her feet to rush after him. He took large steps backwards and was ready to try and pin her to the ground before Teresa's words replayed in his head.

You can save (Y/N). It's your blood.

"Come on!" Thomas taunted the sickly girl until she howled again, her hands reaching out to latch onto any part of Thomas she could get her hands on, clothing or flesh didn't matter.

(Y/N) tackled Thomas to the ground similar to how he had just done to her, except this time she was on top of him. Thomas was able to glance back at Newt who was recovering from the hard hit (Y/N) delivered to his head as she threw him to the ground.

I'm doing this for you, Newt, Thomas thought.

Thomas put his hands to his sides, not bothering to fight the girl back anymore. She took this as the opportunity to sink her teeth into his shoulder, filling her mouth with his blood. Thomas screamed out as he felt the searing pain in his shoulder and over it he could hear Newt scream his name.