Newt // Jealous (Pt.1) *REQUEST*

* This was requested by @Gabrielle_Lambert *

Newt's blood boiled as he watched the new boy help stable (Y/N) as she slid down to the bottom of the sand dune. He didn't get why Aris thought it was his job to help her when her boyfriend was standing only a few feet to her right. He was pissed.

Newt would glare at Aris as if daggers were being thrown at his head but Aris was completely oblivious whenever (Y/N) was around. (Y/N) was oblivious as well and just figured Aris was being nice and Newt was angry about the whole situation with WICKED. The Gladers on the other hand, thought it was hilarious. Frypan, being the drama-loving cook he was, instigated every time he got the chance just to see how far he could push Newt. It never got farther than snarky comments though.

Newt slipped himself between (Y/N) and Aris, towering over the smaller boy who now couldn't see the girl at all. "You alright?" He placed his hands on her while inspecting her for any cuts or bruises that she could have gotten in the last twenty minutes since he looked.

"I'm fine," she smiled up at him so that all of his worries would melt away. For a moment, he did forget about the boy behind him until he heard the others join the rest of them inside... wherever they were. Minho was able to light the room enough so that they could figure out they were inside some sort of abandoned mall.

"Maybe we should check it out?" (Y/N) offered to the group after they realized Thomas had no idea what he was doing. Their only hope now was that the Right Arm was real and would take them in.

"Great idea," Aris chirped at the girl. Nobody except Winston and Frypan noticed the hard eye roll from Newt.

Newt protectively put his hand on (Y/N)'s waist while bringing her closer to him. "Why don't we go this way love?" He didn't let her agree before walking with her closer towards the inside of the mall. They pulled up the metal blocking them from the other room and almost immediately found flashlights for everyone.

(Y/N) laughed once she saw Teresa accidently turn the flashlight on aimed at her eyes. Teresa laughed along with her friend and corrected the direction of the flashlight.

"Come on. Let's find better clothes," Teresa said looking down at the shorts and camisole she was given to sleep in.

(Y/N) went to follow her before feeling Newt grab onto her hand. "Stay close," he warned. She smiled and nodded to him before following Teresa over towards a table full of girls clothes. They searched the pile until they found a new shirt, pair of jeans and shoes that fit both of them.

"We can change over here," (Y/N) told Teresa when she noticed the curtain that would shield both of them from the boys eyes. They continued talking so neither of them happened to hear the boys on the other side of the room.

Aris was frozen in his spot, his eyes staring at the silhouettes of the girls changing behind the thin curtain. He could distinguish which girl was which and found himself unable to turn away when (Y/N) started to pull her shirt up.

Newt quickly stood in front of Aris's view, similar to how he had just done when they first entered the mall.  Only this time he didn't hide the death glare he sent at Aris who was cowering under the fuming Second-in-Command. If they were in the Glade, Newt would've had the boy banished before Aris even knew what was happening. Sadly, they weren't in the Glade.

"Keep your eyes where they belong," Newt hissed, his accent thicker now that he was so mad. Aris nodded quickly, as if he was a kid being reprimanded by the teacher.

Newt turned away from Aris only to notice his friends staring at him with smirking faces. He knew they saw everything that had just gone down but he hoped they didn't piece it together that he was jealous. Frypan only winked at the boy and continued shoving supplies into his bag.