Newt AU // Helpless *REQUEST*

* This was requested by @MattHoltTrash69
Thank you for being patient with me, I know this took forever. I have never seen Hamilton so I had to look up the song; therefore I am not sure how well I executed it. Hope it makes sense! *

I have never been the type to try and grab the spotlight

We were at a revel with some rebels on a hot night

Laughin' at my sister as she's dazzling the room

She graciously swayed her hips to the beat of the song, hidden in the corner of the ballroom so to not draw any attention. The hall was filled with elegant women dressed head to toe in their finest robes and the men were done up in their suits in hopes of wooing the women. The Gladers, the hosts of this get together, had the band play softly as to allow the guests not dancing to enjoy conversation in peace.

The young girl's sister, (Y/S/N), had been the partygoer of the two, always finding some way to attend the latest ball or gala. She craved the thrill of parties, practically lived for it, so it was no surprise that she was the center of attention as she spun around wildly on the dance floor.

Then you walked in and my heart went "Boom!"

Tryin' to catch your eye from the side of the ballroom

Everybody's dancin' and the band's top volume

Her eyes caught on the sudden movement at the entrance of the hall. In came a tall man, two men of roughly the same height standing just behind him, all of them dressed perfectly for the occasion. As handsome as some of the men were, none of them compared to the alluring blond man in the front.

He glanced around the hall inspecting each of the guests, possibly looking for a certain someone. When his eyes glanced over her, a small squeak left her lips and she froze in place. He held her gaze for a moment but looked away just as quick when he realized she wasn't who he was looking for. From then on, she made it a mission to gain his attention once more.

Grab my sister, and whisper, "Yo, this one's mine."

My sister made her way across the room to you

And I got nervous, thinking "What's she gonna do?"

(Y/S/N) noticed the dreamy looks coming from her sister's eyes and followed the direction they were aimed at. Upon noticing it was a man she was so infatuated with, she smiled and made her way across the room.

Panic set in the remaining sister, worried that her predictions as to where she was going were correct. Her sister was never shy around men, the complete opposite of her sister, and it wasn't an uncommon sight of (Y/S/N) and a handsome man dancing over the dancefloor. This time, she didn't want her to get the man.

She grabbed you by the arm, I'm thinkin' "I'm through"

Then you look back at me and suddenly I'm

Helpless!

Oh, look at those eyes

Look into your eyes

And the sky's the limit

(Y/S/N) had approached the group of men, each one noticing her presence immediately. As (Y/N) caught the blond staring at her sister, she knew she had already lost. He had chosen her.

To her surprise, the boy looked away from (Y/S/N) and instead at (Y/N), whose cheeks flared when their eyes locked again. But those eyes were mesmerizing. Even across the room, they were clearly a dark color, brown of course, and she could only imagine what they would look like up close.