Newt // Double Date *REQUEST*

* This imagine was requested by @dwinchester06
Thank you so much for being patient with me. This is a happy one so I hope you all like it! I did change it a little bit but I felt it just flowed better this way.

Also, Newt made it the Safe Haven :) *

The Gladers had worked for years inside the Glade, the scorch and WICKED but they were finally somewhere safe. The Safe Haven was just the paradise they had been looking for ever since they imagined their freedom in the Glade.

The Safe Haven brought a lot of new things. For example, (Y/N) was around girls now which was opposite to how she lived in the Glade with only boys. Their jobs were easier than they were before without Alby's strict schedule of working from dawn till dusk and they had a lot more breaks where they could play in the water.

Although there was a lot of new things, they kept to their old ways as well. Frypan still wanted to cook for the group so he became one of the head cooks along with some of the older men who could teach him things he didn't know before. But now that they were free, they wanted to do things they were never able to do before, which included dating.

Everyone knows that as teenagers, relationships are almost to be expected. That is the period that people find out their sexuality, their wants in a relationship and if they believe they are ready for one. So now that they had freedom to do whatever they pleased, they wanted to find partners.

Newt had already found his potential partner years before they made it to the Safe Haven. He had always wanted to be with (Y/N) but Alby's rules wouldn't allow it, nor did he have the time to give her his full attention. That didn't mean though that the two of them ignored each other; they were the best of friends and almost never spent their free time apart. But that didn't mean Newt still wasn't nervous.

He couldn't remember if he had ever had a girlfriend before so he didn't know how to talk to her or ask her out without making a fool of himself. He only knew one other person who would be able to help him since they already did part of the whole dating thing.

"Tommy! I need your help!" Newt had rushed around the camp looking for Thomas and finally found him on the beach with Brenda. On any other day he would have wanted Thomas to be alone but he figured she was a girl and would be able to help him more than just Thomas.

"Woah, Newt," Thomas chuckled as his friend ran over in a panic. "What's going on?"

Newt ran his hand over his face, taking a deep breath. "Look I really like (Y/N) and I think I want to date her but I don't know how any of this bloody relationship stuff works."

"That seems more like a you problem," Brenda smirked, winking at Newt.

Newt rolled his eyes and instead focused his attention onto Thomas who was the real person he was asking for help. "I want to do this properly with (Y/N). You and Brenda just flirted with each other until Brenda kissed you." Newt ignored the glares sent by Brenda.

"What if you two try a double date? That way you can see how a date works up close and then try it yourselves," Thomas offered.

"I don't want to date two girls at one time. I just want to date (Y/N)." Thomas and Brenda scoffed, both of them thinking surely he would have remembered what a double date was.

"That's not what double date means," Thomas corrected him while standing up from his spot in the sand. "It means you two will go on a date at the same time as me and Brenda so that you two aren't alone yet. Its two separate dates—me and Brenda and You and (Y/N)."

Newt's mouth opened while muttering, "Oh", chuckling as well for not understanding the word. He guessed the Creators didn't feel that was something he needed to remember.