Newt // Brother and Sister *REQUEST*

* Okay guys, a couple of things. First, I've kinda hit writers block so this for sure isn't my best work and I sincerely apologize.

Second, I found that 2 of my requests worked very well together so I decided to combine them into one! So the two ideas came from
@MoonStone080 and @rileysmiley2001
Thank you both for being so patient with me and I hope you like it! Please be honest and tell me if you hate it.

Third, I feel really bad and guilty. A bunch of you asked for a second part to my Thomas imagine but I just didn't want to keep going and I don't really want to write for Thomas anymore. I still feel really bad and I'm really sorry. Hope you all can forgive me! *

I was startled awake from my sleep after hearing whimpering above me and felt arms tighten around me. I struggled inside of the arms but was able to pry them off and spin around to look at my attacker. My panic melted slightly when I realized it was only Newt who was deep inside a nightmare.

I shifted onto my knees to lean over him and shake him awake. His face was contorted into complete anguish as his hands, now not holding onto me, were clenched tightly towards his face. I called his name a few times while shaking him. It took a few minutes to get him to wake up but I finally did.

His eyes darted around, as if he forgot where he was for a moment. We were in the scorch, the dried up and abandoned part of the world as the aftermath of the solar flares. More specifically we were sleeping on the hard ground. We were trusting Thomas when he said he had a plan to get us to the Right Arm where they would supposedly be able to help us.

"Are you alright?" I asked but mentally scolded myself for asking the question. His nightmares weren't new so I knew how hard each and every one was. Each nightmare wasn't actually a nightmare, instead they were memories pushing through the wall put up in our minds to block out our past. They were painful to get back but he thought they were worth it.

"I saw her again," he told me. His breathing was labored as he tried calming down his racing heart. He sat up even after I tried pushing him back down. "She was walking with me but I'm not sure where. It felt so real, like I was living it again." He looked down at the ground, finally having a grasp on his breath.

"Do you know who she is?" I asked. All of the other gladers had heard Newt's howls and woken up just like I had. Most of them tried to go back to sleep but Thomas sat up to hear what Newt was talking about.

"I know she's important," he said in a small chuckle. He looked back up at me before shifting my body so I was back to lying on his chest. He claimed it was for body heat but I knew he just wanted me close.

"I don't know who she is but it's like my mind wants to remember her. I keep having dreams of her and I have these flashes of memories all the time. I just... I just wish I knew who she was to me." Newt tried shaking off the uneasy feeling in his stomach by wrapping his arms tighter around me. He whispered another goodnight and rested his forehead against mine where we would fall back to sleep, nightmare-less this time.

-----

We woke up that next morning and started our third day walking through the scorch. We could see the mountains had gotten progressively closer since our first day but it was still a ways off. It shouldn't take more than a couple days to get there as long as WICKED doesn't find us first.

To say the scorch was hot was an understatement. Our skin practically felt like it was melting off as we stood underneath it. Thankfully we found sheets to cover ourselves in so that our skin doesn't burn too bad before we got to the Right Arm.