Newt // Prize *REQUEST*

* This was requested by fangirlfr0mhell
Thank you for being patient with me and I hope you like it *

Third Person POV

Paradise. That singular word can bring anyone a sense of peace, even for the kids who have lived in hell for years. And this was where they were.

They survived the maze, the scorch, the Right Arm, and the last city to finally end up in paradise. They were promised a life free from Wicked, free from cranks or grievers, and free from any more pain. They lost many friends that they'll treasure the rest of their lives but they promise to make it here for them.

Now that they had found this place they were settling down. No more working to escape (from the maze or the scorch) or working on rescue missions. They could find their new home where they would spend the rest of their lives. And they wanted relationships.

There really wasn't any time for a relationship up until now, since the entirety of the maze was spent trying to escape it. But they were free now and settling down includes falling in love and possibly starting a family, not that they were anywhere near close to having kids. They wanted to fall in love and unfortunately three of them were caught in a love triangle.

Only two of them knew about it since the actual prize to be won was completely oblivious to the pair's affectionate stares and gestures. They butted heads every time the three were in the room together but they still kept it from getting too serious that he would one day notice. (Y/N) and Thomas just really liked Newt.

(Y/N) had always appreciated Newt, from his bouncy blond hair to his honey like British accent that could make your knees weak. Even in the Glade she was close to the boy, them being best friends and all, but that shifted a little when Thomas showed up in the box only days before they escaped the maze.

It seemed Newt had a new best friend, one who was not only his same gender but needing constant attention so that he wouldn't run off and do something stupid (not that it ever worked). (Y/N) and Newt were still close but she started feeling excessive amounts of jealousy towards the stupid dark haired idiot who took her best friend.

There was an unspoken fight between them, neither ever actually stating that they would fight over Newt but instead exchanged glares and smirks when one of them had his attention. They were having a contest and Newt was the prize.

(Y/N)'s POV

"You two do know that this is crazy, right?" Frypan asked while glimpsing at a small battle between Thomas and I. He was winning as of right now since he was being "generous" and brought Newt his meal for dinner. Frypan was with me over at the large gathering area where we usually hung out. I had my arms tightly crossed over my chest as my lips were pulled in a tight, sour expression.

"Thomas is the one who started it," I snapped, not breaking my glare at Thomas. "If he had just understood that I had been friends with Newt longer and that me and him belong together than this wouldn't be an issue. I'm just fighting for what he's trying to steal."

"I still think you two should ease up a little. I mean, if looks could kill," he gestured back over to Thomas who had noticed me standing over here. His lips curled into a devious smirk before he sent me a wink and continued whatever he was saying to Newt.

"Whose side are you on?" Frypan put his hands up in surrender only to start laughing under his breath.

Newt and Thomas were still talking over there when suddenly Thomas threw his head back in laughter at whatever Newt had said. Watching Newt eye him carefully and force out a laugh made me realize he didn't win this round as much as he thought. What a shuckface.