Newt // False Memories (Pt.2) *REQUEST*

* The highly requested part 2 is here! I sort of combined a few of the ideas you guys gave me so I hope you all like it! *

Newt climbed out of the pit first before reaching back in to help me out. It was when he put his hand around my hips to steady me that he noticed the makeshift bandage I had to secure my cut.

"I guess we should take care of this first," he chuckled although I could see he felt guilty for the large cut across my stomach. Even though he was the person who gave it to me, it wasn't his fault.

He helped me to the Med-hut and let me grab all of the supplies I would have used a few days ago when the cut first happened. While I was in the put, I checked on the cut to make sure it wasn't infected but without proper medication, it wasn't as healthy as it could have been.

I unwrapped the cloth around my stomach and tossed it aside while I grabbed the gel to smear over my cut. Newt stood beside me, watching carefully as I took care of the cut. To break the silence, I asked him what he remembered around his past.

"You mostly," a smile took over his face and he bashfully looked down. "I remember the first day I met you. We couldn't have been more than seven. They had just taken me my from my family and put me on this high tech train. The guard led me to the only empty seat on the train and it happened to be beside you. I remember being so nervous to sit by you since I had never really been around other girls who weren't my family and you were just so beautiful." We laughed as I finished bandaging my cut and sitting beside him on the empty cot.

"You were crying though. Your cheeks were all red and you were crushing your stuffed bear in your arms. I asked you if you were alright and you just shook your head. I kept asking you bloody questions until you finally opened up to me. From then on we were the only people each other knew and we didn't want to be separated. Even the guards knew not to break us up," he chuckled. I noticed his eyes looking at my hand so I reached over and laced our fingers together.

"They would put us through these tests to study how our brains worked. Most of them were on our own but sometimes they had us go in pairs and you were always my partner." When I noticed his smile fade, I squeezed the hand that was holding mine. "The tests were awful. There were times when you would come back and you just couldn't speak. The tests broke you."

It was surreal to hear about me yet I couldn't actually remember it all. There were relationships I built and situations I got myself into that I had no idea. Newt now knew a part of me that I didn't even know existed and I hoped I hadn't changed too much since then.

"I remember the day they split us up too. They told me a few days before that I would be sent up in the maze so we made those days count. We were a mess the day it happened. The guards tried but we kept pulling away to get to each other. It wasn't until-" Newt was suddenly cut off when Gally barged into the room. He glared at me before spinning his anger at the Second-in-Command.

"Alby didn't say it was okay for her to be let out. She needs to face her punishment without you rescuing her." Newt was quick on his feet with his body now moved in front of me as if he was a shield.

"She is not going back in the pit, Gally. She is not the reason we are here so there is no reason for her to be punished. Just back off." Newt stood tall in front of Gally, challenging him to make a move towards me. I knew it wasn't going to be easy for Newt to convince the others that I wasn't who they thought I was but I didn't think Gally would start up the second I was let out.

I wasn't sure whether Gally gave up or he believed Newt but he huffed and left the Med-hut. Newt instantly relaxed and turned back to me. He helped me to my feet and slipped his hands around me.

"I promise I'll get them to remember who you were." He pressed his lips to my cheek before leaving the hut.

Newt spent the rest of the day talking to all of the gladers. Some of them were quick to believe him and came to apologize but others, like Gally, weren't so easily persuaded. I guess spending months believing a person was one way would take some time to be convinced they were another.

Newt was talking to Minho when I finished my work and joined him again. Minho was never one to dish out the mean comments but he also never stopped the others when they did; he was just as guilty.

"Come on Minho. She has never done anything to hurt anybody here. She is the sweetest person in this glade. She couldn't have been the person to put us here," Newt pleaded. He had more than half the glade convinced that I wasn't one of the Creators but he wasn't giving up now. He wanted everyone to see that I wasn't a monster but instead just as much a victim.

Minho crossed his arms over his chest and took a deep breath. "Look I know she isn't one of those shuckface Creators, alright? But I just don't remember her. I wish I did but I can't." Minho's head turned abruptly towards the Med-hut. "I'll be right back."

Minho then took off towards the hut, leaving Newt and I confused. We shrugged at Minho's odd behavior and didn't question it anymore. Newt walked with me towards another part of the glade where we could sit and wait for Frypan to finish cooking our dinner.

Minho ran back over a few minutes later with something hiding behind his back. He stopped in front of us before glancing around the area to make sure nobody was close by.

"I don't remember her but you said we knew each other before this right?" Newt nodded. "Well I want to remember. Just don't let Alby punish me too much, shank." Before either of us could ask what he meant, he pulled his arm from behind his back, revealing the tube of grief serum. We went to stop him but he was quicker than us and stabbed the needle directly into his thigh.

"Minho!" Newt and I helped catch Minho before he fell to the ground. Newt screamed for the Med-jacks while I tried shaking him awake even though I was sure it wouldn't work.

Clint and Jeff ran over and gasped when they saw Minho's unconscious body. They, along with a few gladers who came when they heard the commotion, carried Minho into the Med-hut where he would need to be watched over for the next week.

Newt put his arm around me, feeling partially guilty for this. "What did that shank get himself into?"

-----

Newt and I checked on Minho every day until he woke up. Alby didn't blame us but he still wanted us to be responsible for him. He also said that once Minho was awake, he would spend a week in the pit for wasting supplies and almost killing himself. It seemed fair.

On the seventh day he had been asleep, he woke up. He had slowly woken up and began busting out laughing when he was aware of where he was. Newt and I exchanged a look and waited for him to explain pretty much anything.

"I remember you," he smiled until it spread onto each of us. "You were such a shank. I can't believe I forgot you." He pulled on my arms until I fell on his chest. He held me tightly into him until Newt complained that that was long enough.

"Come on. I'll help you tell the others about her." I was glad that Newt and Minho cared about me and wanted to make my life here better.