Newt // Triple Reunion (Pt.6) *REQUEST*

* Another part of the Triple Reunion series was requested by @Feather-Love1234Kay
I don't really want to have kids so this was weird for me to write. I hope you all like it

As of right now, I am not taking any more requests. I am really behind and I want to try and catch up without adding anymore. Thanks for understanding.

You don't really need to read the other parts before this. Just know that they all are at the Safe Haven and Newt and the reader have a son. *

Newt and (Y/N) were startled awake by the wailing of a small baby. Little Alby, the nickname his father wanted to call him to not confuse him with original, was just shy of 4 months old but he still kept his parents up every night with his incessant crying. In the 4 months since he was born, there were only a handful of nights that the couple actually was able to sleep.

"I'll get him love," Newt said groggily, his accent thicker with sleep. He rolled out of bed absolutely exhausted from being a new father and made his way to the room just over from their own. They were thankful for all the others help during the day but it would be much more appreciated at night.

Newt entered his son's bedroom that had a theme of soft blue and green pastel colors. The baby's crib was in the center of the wall and only a few other pieces of furniture took up any other space. The small music box positioned beside the bed that was supposed to sooth the child had hit its timer probably hours ago so the father didn't know exactly how long Alby was awake.

Newt stepped up to the crib with his voice gently cooing to the crying infant. When his calm words did nothing, he lifted the baby out of the crib and set him against his chest. Newt took a seat on the rocking chair beside the bed that was to be used exactly for this purpose. The baby lay against his bare chest once Newt remembered reading something about skin-to-skin contact.

The baby did eventually stop crying but only after feeling the vibrations of his father's song through his chest. Newt didn't remember what the song was called but he had heard it a million times through that music box that it was seared into his brain. This method of humming to the child seemed to work better than any other they had tried in the past so he would make a mental note of this for the future.

A few minutes after the baby fell back asleep, his mother entered the room with bags under her eyes to match her husbands. He smiled up at her, pride filling his chest that he was both able to sooth his child but also to give his wife a break even if for only a minute.

The rocking chair was big enough to fit all three of them so Newt shifted his body carefully as to not wake his son and let (Y/N) sit beside him. She snuggled in close to him with her head on his shoulder to look down at Alby.

It was times like this that made Newt the happiest. It was times like this that made him glad he hadn't died that day in the maze. It was times like this that made all of the struggles in his life worth it.

"I love you boys," (Y/N) whispered to not wake up the sleeping baby again. She placed her hand over her husband's chest with her finger poking her baby's hand. In his sleep, his little fingers curled around her larger index finger to just hold it.

"We love you too," Newt replied for both of them.

The couple stayed like that for a while seeing as they were both comfortable nor did they want to wake up little Alby. They eventually needed to go back to sleep so they carefully were able to set Alby back into his crib without waking him, a miracle according to his parents, and went back into their room.

They climbed back into bed and snuggled up together like they had done when they first got together in the maze. Nowadays, they were so tired that they collapsed on the bed in whatever position seemed comfortable and fell right to sleep. Newt kissed his wife's forehead and whispered sweet nothings into her ear while she drifted back to sleep. Content with their lives, both of the young adults fell asleep in each other's arms.