Newt // False Memories *REQUEST*

* This was requested by moondustgaming

I am so sorry for how long it took me to post but it's finally here. This isn't my best work but I hope you like it! *

Another day began with my feet aching as I climbed out of my hammock. My back was sore from the long day of work I had yesterday and my upper arm had a bruise in the shape of Gally's hand that throbbed as I reached up to tie my hair back. This was normal but it didn't mean I was used to it.

"Hurry up, shuckface. You of all people should know you need to do your part," Alby barked at me as he walked past on his way to the Homestead. It wasn't hard to notice the snickers and glares from the other gladers around me as they heard their leader address me. That just meant they wanted to join in.

"She can throw us in here but she won't ever be worth anything more than pig klunk," one boy said as him and his friend laced their shoes and left for breakfast.

The comments thrown at me never made any sense. All of the boys seemed to believe I was the reason they were here. Everyone told me that in the little bits of memories that were peeking through their forgotten lives, I was at the center of it. One of them even swore that I was a griever disguised as a human. It was ridiculous but for some reason, everyone had the same memory of me.

As for me, I couldn't remember a thing. My brain couldn't come up with a single voice or image that wasn't in this glade so all I had to remember my past life is through what the boys remembered of me. But it couldn't have been true. How could I have built this maze and then throw myself in it? I guess it didn't matter.

I finished tying my shoes and slipping my coat back on before making my way towards my workstation. I knew that if I stepped foot inside the homestead for breakfast, I would either have food thrown at me or be humiliated as I tried to find a place to sit. By now I had gotten used to skipping meals as a way to avoid further confrontation.

The first job of the day was Med-jack, the second being slopper. The boys (Gally's idea really) figured that since I was the reason they were all here, I would help out the most. My mornings were spent fixing up the Med-jack hut until a boy came in and then I would take care of him. Any free time after that I was working as a slopper. It made my days busy and exhausting but it was what I deserved.

"Someone get that buggin' girl out here!" Someone screamed from outside as I finished organizing the basket of what little medicine we had. Rushing outside, I found two runners carrying an unconscious Newt back into the Glade from inside the maze.

"Get a grief serum!" Jeff was running alongside the runners and must have noticed a sting on the blond runner when he called out to me. I ran back inside to grab one of the vials of grief serum only used when a glader had been stung.

Seconds later, the runners brought Newt in and listened to Jeff who told them to set him on the closest cot. Newt was unconscious but he was still whimpering in his sleep with his fists clenched at his sides.

I was quick to move to his side and inject the blue serum into his arm. His body immediately stilled, as if the medicine had instantly targeted the poison filling his veins from the sting. We watched him carefully for a few seconds to make sure his body wouldn't reject the serum and when he fell back into calm sleep, we knew he would be fine.

The other runners thanked Jeff, ignoring that I was even in the room, and left to head back into the maze. Discouraged, I turned around to go back to organizing the room. Jeff went off to help a slicer who came in with a cut up arm so I was left alone.