Chapter 1

Betty Cooper was your 'perfect girl next door' she was a cheerleader, head of the newspaper, ahead of all her classes and a kind hearted girl but she had a secret; she was dating the leader of the serpents, Jughead Jones. Everyone at school knew this, but her parents did not. She had a hard time keeping it from her but she's manages to for the last 8 months. Jughead Jones was a couple of years older than Betty and he was the leader of the serpents, he took over so his dad could become sober and so far he has done a good job at keeping the gang clean. Jughead also owned the bar; the Whyte Wyrm, the serpents hang out and he lived in the apartment above. The serpents, including his dad, all loved Betty and would protect her with everything they had. She was the little ray of happiness and light they all needed in life. As well as having her friends, Archie, Veronica and Kevin at school she was also close with the serpents especially Toni, Sweetpea and fangs. Betty's riverdale friends sometimes accompanied her to the bar, as the serpents didn't mind. In the day Betty went to school and she mostly went to the bar after and on weekends she would sleep over at jugs, telling her mum she was at Veronica's or Kevin's.

It was a Monday morning and Betty was sat with Kevin in chemistry, trying to concentrate on whatever the teacher was going on about when a text on her phone broke her out of her thoughts:

Jug: Hey gorgeous, are you coming to the wyrm later?🖤

She smiled to herself, he was always so kind to her, even if people didn't see it, he was a sweetheart. She quickly sent a reply which lead to them having a conversation and distracting her from her school work.

Betty: yeah I am, but I have cheer practice so I will be later than usual💗
Jug: okay that's fine☺️ how are you this fine Monday?🖤
Betty: bored, why is chemistry even a thing?🙄💗
Jug: haha! I'm sure it's a thing because you and I have it baby😉🖤
Betty: you're so cringey😋💗
Jug: but you love it😉🖤
Betty: whatever☺️ I have to go I'll see you later, love you💗
Jug: love you more🖤

The school day dragged on for Betty, and she still has cheerleading at the end of the day. After last period she made her way to the girls locker room to get changed into her practice uniform. After a long and agonising practice where Cheryl decided to criticise everything Betty did, Betty was relieved when it was over. She decided to keep her outfit on, even if it was cold and the black shorts were tiny and she gathered her things and left to go to the wyrm. "B! Hey wait!" She heard Veronica say from behind her. Betty turned around to find Archie and Veronica waving at her. "Hey guys" she smiled. "Hi betts" "Hey B, where are you going?" They asked. "The wyrm, want to come ?" She asked. "We'd love to but we have a test to study for"Archie answered. "That's cool, I'll see you tomorrow?" Betty asked giving them a hug, they nodded and she made her way outside. After about a 15 minute walk she arrived at the bar. She was instantly greeted by smiles and waves from the serpents before spotting jug and Sweetpea seated at the bar, while Toni was greeting customers as she was the bartender. "Betty!" Sweetpea said as she spotted her. "Hi" She Chirped as Jug pulled her into his lap, causing her to giggle. "Hey babe" he said into her hair. "Hello" she smiled, giving him an peck on the cheek. "Hey Betty, do you want a drink?" Toni asked her. "Sure a water please, Cheryl decided that we couldn't have a water break today." Betty huffed as Toni handed her a water and started drinking. " I swear that girl never seems to give you a break, you come in after every practice and tell us how badly she treats you" Sweetpea said. "I know! Betts want me to have a word?" Jug asked her. "No, it's fine" she smiled at the boys. Suddenly FP appeared and made his way over to the group. "Hey mini coop" he smiled as he saw his favourite blonde seated on his sons lap. "Hi FP! How are you?" She asked. "I'm well thank you Betty" he said. After about an hour of talking and some of the serpents trying to show Betty how to play pool and her failing horribly which had the whole bar laughing betty had ended up back at the bar in jugheads lap, yawning into his chest. "Okay come on sleeping beauty, lets get you home before you fall asleep and you'll have to explain that to your mum" Jug said, gently nudging her to sit up. "Okay" She yawned while she stood up and laced her hand though his. She said her goodbyes and let jughead take her home.