Chapter 14

In the middle of the night Betty awoke from a nightmare of the accident. "Betts, shh go back to sleep" Jug mumbled, gently pulling her back down and onto his chest where she quickly fell back asleep. When she woke up again it was 10am and Jug was sat up reading a book. "Good morning gorgeous" he said when he noticed she was awake. "Morning juggie" she smiled. "My head hurts" she said as she gently traced her finger over the cut on her head. "I know baby, it will get better" he said as he kissed her temple. "Kevin, Veronica and Archie were at the bar earlier, they heard about your accident but the said they would come back later when you're awake" Jug said. They spent the rest of their morning In bed sharing kisses and enjoying each other's company. Jug and Betty had breakfast and got dressed. "Juggie can I read one of these?" Betty asked as she pointed to his bookshelf. "Yeah of course" he said as he came up behind her and snaked his arms around her waist. "I haven't read these yet" she said as she pointed to five books on the top shelf; jughead reached up and pulled them down, handing them to her. "Well that just won't do, you better start reading" he said and the grin on her face was enough to make his heart melt. "Babe I'm just going to pop downstairs for a bit will you be okay?" Jug asked as she was sat on the couch, starting to read her book. "Yeah I'll be fine" she said and went back to reading.

When jughead got down to the bar he greeted the serpents before taking a seat at the bar where Toni handed him a beer. FP, Sweetpea and fangs joined him. "How Is She?" Toni asked. "She's sore, and she's covered in cuts and bruises which is making her self conscious but I think she's okay" Jug said, taking a sip of her beer. "Where is she?" FP asked. "Upstairs, she's found some books I had that she's never read and she wants to read them, I'm sure she'll be down for dinner.". "Yes! Her favourites on the menu... pasta!" Fangs yelled. "Her friends stopped by again" Sweetpea said and jug sighed. "I told her but she didn't seem to want to see anyone... but I'll talk to her" Jug said.

After spending a few hours at the bar, making sure everything's in check, jughead made his way back to the apartment to Betty. "Hey" She said, looking up from her book and smiling as he walked into the apartment. "Hello, hows the reading coming along?" He smirked as he took a seat next to her. "I love it!" She giggled. "Your friends stopped by again" he said. "I know, I messaged them, I said I'll meet them at pops tomorrow" she replied. "Okay Babe, also we have your favourite for dinner tonight" Jug said. "PASTA?!" She said, excitedly, causing jughead to laugh. "Yep! So are you going to put down your book for dinner?" He grinned.

Betty was in front of the buffet trying to put some pasta into her plate but with her injuries it was more difficult than she thought. "Need some help?" Fangs asked from beside her. "Please may you hold my plate so I can put some on?" She asked. "Sure" fangs said. Tonight the tables were all put together so that all the serpents could enjoy a meal together. After she had her dinner Betty very carefully made her way to the end of the table where she sat. Everyone else was sat down but every part of Betty's body hurt so it took her a while to move. When she made it to her seat she placed her plate down and struggled to sit without it hurting. All eyes were on her, everyone feeling awful that their favourite blonde was in pain and they couldn't do anything. Jug stood from next to her and gently helped to lower her into the seat. "Thanks juggie" she sighed. While they were eating jughead noticed tears forming in Betty's eyes. He leaned towards her, placing a hand on her back and whispered so only she could hear "baby, what's wrong?". "It really hurts Jug" she said, holding back tears. "Okay, I'll go get your pain medication one second" she said and kissed her cheek as he ran up to the apartment. "Betty are you okay?" Toni asked as she stood up and came next to Betty who was gripping the sides of her chair so hard her knuckles were white. "It. Hurts." Betty gasped out. "I...cant... it hurts... ow!" Betty said, suddenly all eyes were on her and she felt as if the walls were closing in. "Betty can you look at me?"Toni said, noticing that Betty was starting to hyperventilate and remembered that it was side effect of her medication. Betty shook her head. "Betty, hey look at me and just breathe, in and out can you do that with me?" Toni said as she crouched in front of Betty. Betty slowly opened her panic filled eyes and tried to mirror Toni's breathing. All of a sudden jughead came back to the table, clutching a pill bottle. "Betty? What's going on?!" He asked. "Son it's okay, she was in pain and she panicked, Toni's got it" FP said. A few minutes later Betty was back to normal and jughead handing her a pill. "Thank you Toni" Betty said giving her hug. "No problem Betts" Toni said, returning the hug. " can I have some more pasta? Mines cold now" Betty asked sheepishly and the serpents rushed to see who get her some first. "wow mini coop you really have them wrapped around your little finger" FP laughed.