Chapter 31

"Mom?! You.. you need to leave" Betty stuttered, trying to stand up but it was too painful. Suddenly the door opened again and this time the same girl who put her in the hospital entered. " Elizabeth this is Abigail" Alice said. "Get out!" Betty cried. With the little strength she had left Betty pulled herself up and stood, leaning on the bed; as she got up all the tubes and IV's in her ripped out causing her to scream out in pain. "We aren't leaving Elizabeth this is my daughter Abigail". "No she's not, I'm your daughter.. ow!" Betty stuttered. "Yes but you were a failure and Abigail's not, look at her she's beautiful and smart and perfect and you're... you're not!". The sobs took over her body and she couldn't support herself anymore and her legs gave out and her body crumbled to the floor. "Oh Elizabeth you're so dramatic" Alice snickered as her and Abigail watched over Betty's vulnerable state. The doors to Betty's room opened and jughead walked in. "Hey babe I got food here you..." he started but when he saw his girlfriend on the floor sobbing in pain her dropped the tray and frantically called for the nurses. It was only then when the nurses ran in helping Betty that jughead registered the other two in the room. "What the hell do you think you're doing!? What did you do to her?!" He demanded, getting up in their faces. Before they could answer jughead pulled out his phone. "I'm calling the police! You need to be arrested you almost killed her!" Jug yelled pointing at Abigail. Jug turned to look at Betty who was being secured back in bed and when he turned back around Alice and Abigail were gone.

The next few hours passed in police statements and nurse and doctor check ups. When the couple were finally alone Betty broke down. "Shh Baby I've got you, no ones going to hurt you anymore, this will all be over soon" Jug said trying to calm her down. "Juggie? Do you think I'm beautiful?" She asking, looking ashamed. She refused to meet his gaze so he lifted her chin to look at him. "Betts, you are stunning, I can't believe how gorgeous you are" he assured her. "My mom said I wasn't smart enough or pretty enough or perfect and that's why she didn't want me, that's why she replaced me" Betty said, her voice sounding so broken. Jugheads heart ached for the girl in front of him. He knew how insecure Her mother made her and all the emotional abuse she had left imprinted on her but after all the months living with jughead, she was finally healing and now he feared it was all going to come crashing down. "Betty, look at me, this is so important, you are enough, you are loved and you're so beautiful and smart and I'm so lucky I'm able to call you my girlfriend, you're mother is a bitch and you won't have to deal with her anymore but baby I know how much she affects you so please if you ever feel insecure or down about anything I need you to come and talk to me okay? I'm always here for you!" He said, carefully pulling her into a hug and kissing her hard on the lips and wiping her tear stained cheeks. "Okay I promise, I love you juggie thank you, for everything I couldn't do any of this without you!" She said into his chest. "I love you too betts, so much but you could do this without me, you're so brave but you don't have to, you can always lean on me" he said. Betty responded by wrapping her arms tighter around him and squeezing. They stayed like that until the nurse came to give her more medication. Betty began to get tired and she fell asleep with her hand tightly clasped in jugheads, while he brushed the hair from her face and kissed her head.

{hey guys please leave me some ideas and prompts! Thanks for all your comments and support!💗}