Chapter 34

When jughead woke up the next morning the first thing he noticed was that betty wasn't in bed next to him, quickly getting up he ran downstairs but sighed in relief when he saw her sitting at the table eating breakfast with sweet pea and fangs. "Good morning juggie" she said when she spotted him. He made his way over to her and kissed her heads. " morning beautiful how you feeling today?" He asked. "I'm sore" she whined. "Don't worry Jug we already gave her, her medicine" fangs said. "Thanks guys" Jug said and sat down with his own plate of breakfast. "I thought more about my dad" Betty said breaking the silence. "I want to see him" she said. "But I want to do it alone" she added. "Betts... are you sure?" Jug asked, concerned. "Yeah I'm going to invite him round here so you're all here but I want to talk to him alone" she said. "Okay Betts whatever you want" Jug said squeezing her hand.

A while later Betty had text her dad asking her to meet tomorrow which he replied agreeing. Betty loved all her friends and boyfriend but she felt like they were suffocating her a little bit with all of their concern so she quietly crept into the garden and sat on the grass staring up at the New York sunlight. "Anyone seen Betty?" Kevin asked the others. "Yeah she's in the garden I think she needed some alone time" Jug pointed out. Eventually the air got colder and jughead joined Betty outside holding a blanket and a cup of tea in his hand for her. She gratefully accepted and sat up to snuggle into his side. "What you doing out here?" He asked her. "I just needed some time to think about tomorrow and what I'm going to say to my dad" she replied honestly. "You Don't have to say anything to him or do anything tomorrow you know that right?" Jug said. "Yeah I know I'm just nervous, i know he probably has a nice new partner but after Abigail and all this it scares me" she said. "I just never imagined my parents getting divorced, I mean you remember how distraught I was, but I certainly didn't imagine them moving on" Betty said. "Betts, I saw how it broke you when your parents spilt but you've overcome that because you Betty Cooper are strong, there's nothing to be ashamed of if your nervous about tomorrow it's completely understandable but I'm with you always, I'll catch you if you fall again babe" he said and she turned to face him; the love in his eyes that she saw was enough to melt her heart. Leaning forward she captured her lips with his, kissing him softly with as much passion as she could to show him how grateful she was to have him in her life.

{ leave ideas and prompts! Thanks for all your support!💗}