Chapter 39

Betty awoke in the middle of the night. Quietly, and careful not to wake jughead up she crept down stairs and made herself a cup of green tea. She was nervous about her appointment that day. She had spent more time in the hospital in the last few months than she had her whole life. Her thoughts were interrupted by a sleepy FP tapping her on the shoulder. "What are you doing up?" He asked as he took a seat opposite her on the table. "I can't sleep, hospitals make me nervous" Betty admitted. "I know darling but as soon as you're cleared we can go home and everything will be okay again" FP said taking her hand and squeezing it. After a long conversation of FP trying to calm Betty down they headed back to bed. When Betty climbed back in to bed Jug stirred. "Where were you" he mumbled, pulling her to his chest. "Just getting a drink" she said and kissed his cheek before they both fell asleep again.

When the hospital appointment finally rolled around jughead held onto Betty's hand tightly throughout the drive to the hospital and in the waiting room, just hoping to sooth any nerves or anxiety she may have. After she was given the all clear by a doctor she was asked to go into a different room with a female doctor; alone. "C..can't jug come with me" she stuttered to the nurse, her fears coming to the surface. "I'm afraid not, this part of the check up has to be done by yourself" the doctor said. "Don't worry betts I'm going to be out here the whole time okay? Don't worry" jughead said, dropping a kiss to her head. "Okay" Betty sighed and followed the nurse.

"Okay Betty, you've been through a lot the past few months so we need to check your mental health" the doctor said and Betty nodded. The doctor asked Betty questions about how she was feeling and all the usual and then gave her a prescription for some anti-depressants that won't mess with her other medication. Betty thanked her and went back to find Jug who as promised was in the waiting room where she had left him. Upon spotting her he stood and she flung herself into his arms. "Are you okay?" He asked and she explained about the mental health and everything she told the doctor and what the doctor told her.

When they went back to the penthouse everyone was waiting to hear if Betty had been cleared, when she told the Yes she instantly went to start packing her stuff as she wanted to leave first thing the next morning. Jughead had finished his packing and she was still putting clothes into a suitcase. He went up behind her and snaked his arms around her waist. "Are you ready to go home baby? It's not too much for you?" He asked. "No I'm ready, I want to put this nightmare behind us" Betty replied and he started placing kissed along her neck which turned into a make out session which then lead to a very passionate night for the couple. They went to sleep in a haze of love and happiness that night but when they returned to Riverdale would all that change?....

{ please leave ideas and prompts! Thanks for all your support!💗}