Chapter 3

Everybody in the bar turned to see Betty crying and bloodstained. "Betty?!" Jughead yelled, paralysed in his spot, not knowing what to do. Instantly his eyes moved to the blood and rushed to her side. "What happened?!" He asked her. Instead of replying she burst into tears, causing everyone to still, nobody in the bar had ever seen Betty cry, not her friends or boyfriend she was always happy. "Baby? What happened? Talk to us?" Jug Said, Hugging her tightly. She shook her head to say "no". Suddenly her friends started asking Loads of questions. "Betty? Are you okay?" "Why weren't you at school?!" "Talk Betty!". "Okay guys, lets get her cleaned up" FP said as he carefully grabbed Betty's wrist and lead her to a table, where everyone else gathered. "Betty" FP started as he crouched In front of her. "Please can you tell me what happened. Where did the blood come from?" He said softly. Betty didn't say anything she just opened her hands to reveal bloody palms from where she clearly had dug her nails in. "Betts, did you do this to yourself?" Archie chimed in from behind jughead and FP. "Yes" she whispered and looked down, ashamed. Toni stepped forward and handed a first aid kit to FP to clean her up. Everyone watched as FP cleaned and bandaged up Betty's hand before he put the kit away and jug took his place and placed a kiss on her cheek. "Baby? Can you tell us what happened today?" He said. "Erm.. my.. parents are getting a divorce" she managed, causing Archie, Kevin and Veronica to gasp. "How didn't I see it? They said it had been going on for ages! I didn't even know" she cried and Jug pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back. "Shh it's going to be okay, it's not your fault he said.". "Can you explain what happened with this" he said and pointed at her hands. "I do it sometimes, sometimes I don't know I'm doing it, it keeps me in control" she whispered. "Betts, promise me if you ever feel like you are going to do this call me. Or anyone here" he said gesturing to everyone standing behind him. "Okay" she whispered. After everything had calmed down, Veronica Kevin and Archie had left and Betty sat in a booth by herself. "Dude, is she going to be okay?" Fangs asked as he and jughead watched her from the bar. "I hope so" Jug said before walking over to her and asking if she wants to go home. She agreed and he dropped her home. Once jughead had got back to the bar. He was ambushed by all of the serpents concerned for their very favourite blonde ray of sunshine; after answering all the questions her knew he went up to his apartment and went to bed.