Chapter 16

When jughead woke up the next morning Betty's side of the bed was empty; sitting up he saw her sat crossed legged on the floor in front of the mirror doing her makeup. She was wearing a grey collared jumper and a pink skirt. "Good morning beautiful" he said, his voice thick with sleep. "Good morning juggie" she beamed. After she did he makeup she brushed her hair and lightly curled the ends of her hair, she left it down. Betty moved over to where jughead was sat up in bed and gave him a kiss. "Have you seen my white vans?" She asked him, looking around the bedroom. "They're by the door betts" he responded and she ran to retrieve her shoes. Once she was ready for school, she grabbed her bag and kissed Jug goodbye before he fell back asleep. When she went down to the bar for breakfast she found Toni and FP sat at a table. "Hey guys" she greeted them. "Hey betty" they said in unison. "Okay I have to get to school I'll see you later" she waved and grabbed an apple and left. On the way out she bumped into Sweetpea. "Have a good day at school betts" he said and she was off.

At school she was sat in the student lounge with Archie as they both had a free period. That lunch time they were all given letters about a father daughter dance. Veronica was over the moon to be able to take her dad but obviously with Betty's dad not being in contact with her she felt an uncomfortable sinking feeling in the stomach. "Betts? It's nothing anyway don't stress about it, I'm sure you won't be missing anything" Archie said as he nodded to the letter she was clutching in her hand. "I know" she sighed but she didn't feel any better. "I'm sure my dad will take you, he sees you like a daughter" Archie added. "Thanks arch but it's okay" she said, managing a small smile. When the bell went to signal the end of the day Betty, Kevin, Archie and Veronica all met up and walked to the wyrm, that's where they decided to head after school. Betty was quiet all the way home. Before they entered the bar Veronica stopped them and turned to Betty. "B, are you still upset about the dance?" Veronica asked. Betty didn't say anything, she just walked into the bar, all the serpents were having a meeting. "Betty it's not a big deal" Veronica said, grabbing Betty's hand and not caring all the serpents were staring. "Of course it's not to you!" Betty snapped and pulled away from her friends. "It's not a big deal because you can go! You have your family! I don't!" She yelled. "so yeah no big deal!" She scoffed before running into the bathroom next to the bar and slamming the door. "What the hell was that?" Jug asked coming to stand in front of Betty's friends. Kevin didn't say anything, he just pulled out the letter about the dance and gave it to jughead. "Oh" he sighed and the other serpents gathered around to read it. "I'm going to see if she's okay" Toni said before heading off to the bathroom. "This must be tough on her" fangs said. A few moments later Betty and Toni came out the bathrooms, Betty's puffy eyes were an indication that she had been crying. She instantly tucked herself into jugheads side and he kissed her head. "Sorry for snapping V" Betty said. "No problem B, I totally understand" Veronica said smiling and hugging her best friend. "I'm going to get some air" Betty announced and left the bar. "We have to go but call if she needs anything?" Kevin said and jug nodded.

A while later Betty was back in the bar, sat at the end of the table where all the serpents were eating their dinner; she wasn't eating she was just pushing her food around on her plate. Suddenly Betty had an idea. She got up from the table and went by the door, but everyone could still hear her conversation on the phone:

"Hey dad" she said.
"Betty? What do you want?" Hal said.
"There's this father daughter dance on Friday and..."
"'No! Goodbye" Hal said before hanging up.

Jugheads heart broke watching Betty. His thoughts were interrupted by FP standing up and going over to her. "Betty boop, I may not be your dad but you're like my daughter and you will end up being my daughter in the future" he said smirking at Jug. "So will you do me the honour of letting me take you to the dance?" FP asked. "You... you want to take me?" Betty asked, tears forming in her eyes at the kind gesture. "I want to take you" FP assures. "Yes yes yes, thank you!" She said before jumping up and he pulled her into a hug. "Thank you" she said looking up at him with her big green eyes. "No problem". Jughead appeared at his girlfriends side and she hugged him. "Thanks dad" Jug said giving his dad a grateful smile. "Anything to make you smile sunshine" FP said and ruffled Betty's hair.

{ hey guys! Leave some ideas or anything you want to see! Your feedback means everything💗}