Chapter 28

*time skip a few weeks*

A lot has happened in the last few weeks. It all started on a Monday morning when a big brown envelope got delivered to the bar with Betty's name on it, inside there was a letter that read:

Dear miss Elizabeth Cooper,
Congratulations your entry for the New York Times young journalism competition was chosen and submitted into the final three. We would like you to join us in new york for the awards and to find out who won. The event will be on the Friday night and we will pay for all accommodation and travel for you and 5 guests. Well done and see you soon!

Yours sincerely,
New York Times editor, Sarah lee

Betty was beside herself with excitement and jughead threw her a massive congratulations party with all the serpents and her friends. Betty had chosen jughead, FP, Toni, fangs and Sweetpea to be her guests for the event. The day finally came to head to New York and on the Thursday, the day before the event they all got into a town car that was sent for them. "I'm so proud of you baby" jughead whispered into her ear as they were cuddling on the back seats. "I'm nervous" she said looking into his big brown eyes. "I know babe, but I'm going to be with you the whole time and don't worry you are going to smash it, win or not, you got in the top 3 and that's amazing!" Jug reassured her. The journey to New York took a few hours and betty was tired so she put her head in jugheads lap and fell asleep while Jug stroked her hair.

When they arrived they all checked into their hotel rooms and then met up to go and explore the city for a while. "Betty! We have to go shopping and get you a new dress for tomorrow night!" Toni said as they passed a few boutiques. "Okay sure, lets go!" Betty responded and the girls linked arms and skipped off towards all the shops. "So is she nervous?" FP asked as the boys made their way back up to jug and Betty's room. "Yeah she's nervous but she's excited as well" Jug replied.

That night jug and Betty were snuggled up in bed about to go to sleep when Betty turned around and said "juggie I don't want to go to the event anymore". "What?" Jug asked shocked. Betty stood up and started pacing the hotel room. "I can't, my mom told me I wasn't good enough and what if she was right... I don't want to humiliate myself, I can't.. I-I don't want to go" She stammered and jug noticed her erratic breathing and quickly got up and place his hands on her shoulders. "Breath with me baby, that's it in and out" he said and eventually Betty calmed down and he grabbed her hands. "Betts, you are the smartest woman I've never met, you are good enough, and you've already made it to the final three so that's something to be proud of, don't worry about your mother she's not here and whatever she says is completely irrelevant Anyway" Jug said rubbing her arms and pulling her into a hug. "Okay" she sighed. "You're right, I know I'm being silly" she added. "Come on baby, lets go to bed" Jug said as they climbed back under the covers.

The next day passed quickly and the event was getting nearer and nearer. Betty and Toni were in Betty's hotel room getting changed. Betty put on a pink floral dress her and Toni had brought the day before and Toni was curling her hair and doing her makeup. "You look stunning girl! I'm so proud of you!" Toni smiled and gave her a hug which Betty returned. The two girls met with the boys downstairs, ready to go to the event. "Woah, Betts you look incredible" jughead said when he saw her. He moved to her side and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Thank you, you look very handsome as well juggie" she said and he kissed her softly on the lips. Just as they were about to leave the hotel to go to the event the lobby doors opened and in came Alice Cooper a man trailing behind her.

"Dad?!" Betty said, shocked...