Chapter 26

Betty was sat in the blue and gold one lunchtime writing her article for the competition. Kevin was out of school sick today so she was by herself but she was texting jughead to keep her company:

Jug: how's my favourite girl?🖤
Betty: stressed, this article is killing me☹️💗
Jug: you're going to do great! Have you eaten today? You didn't finish your breakfast this morning🖤
Betty: I'm eating a sandwich as we speak😊💗
Jug: good! How's everything at school today?🖤
Betty: boring! Kevin's sick so I'm by myself while Archie and V are in study hall💗
Jug: do you want me to come by? I don't like you being alone🖤
Betty: no I'm okay! I miss you💗
Jug: miss you more baby🖤
Betty: can we have pasta for dinner today?😋💗
Jug: anything you want betts😂🖤
Betty: I have to go I'll see you later, love you💗
Jug: call me if you need anything, love you too🖤

Betty went back to her article, happy that she was making progress. The school day finally ended and Betty gathered her things and made her way out of school only to he greeted by her leather clad boyfriend, smirking against FP's truck. "Hey gorgeous" he smiled as he jumped into his arms hugging him. "Juggie! What are you doing here?" She asked. "I thought you would be tired" he said as he opened the door for her to get in then going around to the drivers side and getting in. "Well you were right, after the accident this is the busiest I've been so I'm exhausted" she said as he started driving home. "You do look tired babe" he said as he glanced over to her and laced their fingers together. "Well thanks" she laughed. "You know what I meant, you're drop dead gorgeous no matter what but I worry you overwork yourself" he said, giving her hand a squeeze. "I know" she sighed. "I spoke to principal Weatherbee and he said he would cut some of my classes and give me some free periods but he had to confirm with your dad in a meeting" she added. "That's great betts" Jug said as he pulled up at the bar and they got out the car. The couple walked into the wyrm hand in hand and greeted everyone. The serpents asked Betty how her day was, as always and then Betty went upstairs to get changed into some comfier clothes. When she was changed she came out the bedroom and there was a knock on the door. "Hey Toni" Betty greeted. "Hey Betty, we haven't had girl time in ages" Toni smiled, for the rest of the evening Toni and Betty giggled and shared stories.

When it was dinner, Toni and betty went down to eat with everyone else; they were having pasta just like Betty had requested. "There you two are, what you have been doing?" Fangs asked as the girls sat down. "Talking" Betty said and both girls burst out laughing. " I don't understand girls man" Sweetpea said shaking his head. "Hey Betts" Jug said as he leaned over to her and gave her a kiss. "Hi juggie, thanks for asking them to make pasta" she smiled and he laughed and swung an arm over the back of the chair. From across the table FP filled Betty in about a meeting they have with mr Weatherbee the next day to discuss her timetable. "So Betty how's the winning article coming along?" One of the serpents asked. "Well I'm not sure if I'll win but it's going okay at the moment" Betty replied, flashing him a smile. "Betty it will be the winning article, you'll be the best entry" Toni said. "Agreed, my girlfriend is going to be the worlds best journalist" Jug beamed, kissing her head. "Thanks Guys, Just you wait until you read what's it about" she winked.

{ hope you enjoyed this chapter! I thought I'd add some fluffy bits as it's been quite intense! Please leave me some prompts and ideas for fluff (or in general) thanks for reading💗}