Chapter 8

Betty woke up the next morning with a thumping headache and a dry mouth, sitting up she realised jug wasn't next to her in the bed. Looking at the clock to check the time, 9am, she remembered she had left her phone down at the bar. Realising she wasn't going to get in with the day until she has had some water. Sitting up and getting out of bed she made her way into the kitchen to get some water. On the fridge she realised that jug had left her a note:

Good morning princess,
I'm down at the bar sorting some paperwork!
Love you xox

She smiled to herself and got some water before heading downstairs, ignoring the fact that her stomach was churning. Before she entered the bar she realised she was still wearing yesterday's clothes and her hair and makeup was a mess. She spotted jug straight away, he was holding a meeting with every member of the serpents. Great! She thought, just what she needed, everyone staring at her. Ignoring her thoughts she made her way forward, the floor creaking beneath her catching everyone's attention. "Ahh there she is" FP said smiling knowingly at her. Jug made his way through the crowd of serpents and stood in front of her. "Good morning" he smirked. "How's that hangover treating you". "I don't want to talk about it" She grumbled, causing everyone to laugh. "Has anyone seen my phone?" She asked. "That is the reason I came down here". "What are we chopped liver?" Sweetpea said, grinning at her but Betty just rolled her eyes. "I put it behind the bar, you left it here last night" Toni said. "Thank you" betty said before walking over to the bar and retrieving her phone. "Oh no" she mumbled when she saw the amount of messages and missed calls she had. "Something up" FP said. "Just people at school" she said, showing everyone a video of her being humiliated by Cheryl yesterday; someone had posted it online. "Ignore then betts okay? You're way stronger than any of them low lives" Jug said pulling her into a hug. "I'm never going to school again!" Betty mumbled into jugs chest. Pulling away she said "actually I'm never leaving this building again. I might as well just become a part of the furniture!". Jug just laughed as his girlfriend started to bang her head lightly on the bar. "Right come on let's get you some food!" He said while pulling her up. "Yeah I know the perfect hangover cure!" Fangs said as he and Toni started to make her a cooked breakfast. Toni placed the plate in front of Betty and her stomach instantly flipped and the next thing she knew she was vomiting into the trash can next to the bar. "Oh betts" Jug said, holding back her hair and rubbing her back. When she was finished she looked so embarrassed and ducked her head in shame. "Hey no worries Betty it's Nothing we haven't Seen before!" One of the serpents shouting and everyone else agreeing. "Right... well I'm gonna go..." Betty said pointing back upstairs before she ran back to jugs apartment. "I'm going with her I feel like she needs some girl time" Toni said before going after Betty.

Upstairs Toni and Betty were in the bedroom after Betty had gotten a shower and washed and dried her hair. She has put on a long white sleeve t-shirt and a pink denim dungarees. Currently Betty was sat on the floor in front of the mirror while Toni was sat watching her do her makeup from the bed. "Now it's just us girls... how are you really doing?" Toni asked. "Is scared, I feel safe here but you guys aren't at school and eventually I'm going to have to go back and then I don't want to burden Jug by living here so I'm going to have to find somewhere else to live." Betty sighed before Toni could say anything she had finished her makeup and she stood up and her and Toni made their way back downstairs. "Ah you look better" jughead joked once he saw her. "Oh ha ha" Betty smirked before depositing herself into his lap from where he was sitting at the bar. He kissed her softly before she made her way to another table to do some school work. "Hey jug can I have a word?" Toni said. "sure what's up?" Jug said. "erm I spoke to Betty upstairs and she said she's said she's scared because the serpents can't protect her from this mess at school and the she said she feels like she's a burden on you and that she thinks she has to find somewhere else to live". "What? She thinks she's burdening me? How?" Jug said shocked. "Think about it Jug everyone who had claimed to care about her at school even her own mother has just basically abandoned her, she's just scared Jug I think you should talk to her" Toni said before she went to start her shift behind the bar. Jug watched Betty for a while finding it adorable how she concentrated on her work and how her face scrunched up as she laughed at something the serpents said to her. After a while Betty got up from her table and went out the front, confused jug followed her and found her back up on the storage boxes. "Betts? You okay?" He asked sitting behind her and pulling her to his chest and wrapping his arms around her. "Yeah" she smiled. "Baby, Toni told me what you said" Jug said. Betty stiffened in his hold, and Jug was quick to rub her shoulders to relieve the tension. "Jug look... I get it it's okay I'll look for somewhere else to live" Betty whispered. "what?! Betts no!" He said moving so he was facing her and he cupped her face. "You're living here with me and you're not going anywhere Okay? Me and everybody in that bar is your family and they all love you so much, we always have your back and baby I love you So Much please don't ever feel like you're a burden on me because you're not you are my girlfriend and I love you!" He said, causing tears to fall from her eyes. "Okay?" He said, wiping her tears with his thumb. "Okay" She said. "I love you juggie" she said. "and I love you, so much" he said. "Now come on you have school work to do and I have an adorable girlfriend to watch do school work while I bring her food and coffee" he said with a grin and he gave her a piggy back into the bar.