Chapter 83

Day of the wedding:
{the wedding morning}

Everyone was in full preparation for the wedding at the bar. All the serpents had turned up to help set everything that wasn't already set up. Then they all sat and had breakfast together before they all started to get dressed and ready for the wedding. When breakfast was finished, jughead, FP and sweetpea were upstairs helping jughead to get ready. "Are you Nervous dude?" Sweetpea said as he put on his tie. "No. I'm more excited than anything" Jug said.

Meanwhile at Veronica's they were all waking up. Kevin, Veronica, fangs, Toni and Archie were all in the kitchen preparing breakfast so they could surprise the bride to be. "Okay are we almost done?" Kevin asked as they placed all the food on the table. "I think so, we just need to brew the coffee and make tea" Toni said. "Okay Archie you do the coffee and fangs you do the tea" Veronica instructed. "I can't believe my best friend is getting married!" Kevin squealed, a bit too loudly for Veronica's liking. "Kev! Shh! We need Betty to get all the rest she can" Veronica scolded. "Okay we're ready!" Toni announced. "Let's give her five more minutes before we wake her up" Kevin said and they all sat down at the table and waited.

"Son. Pop Tate called and said he'll send the catering around at about 1.... is that right?" FP shouted from the kitchen. "Yeah dad that's fine" Jug yelled back as he adjusted his suit. "Damn dude you scrub up nice" sweetpea jokes when he came into the living room. "You look great son, I'm so proud of you" FP praised. Before jughead could respond their was a knock on the door. "Hal?" FP said shocked. "Hi. Erm... I know I'm a guest and that but I wanted to give you something that you could give to betty" Hal said as he looked at jughead. He handed him a ring on a necklace. "What is it?" Jughead questioned confused. "It's chics. Betty's favourite ring of his when she was little she always tried to take it when he wasn't looking" Hal laughed sadly. "I want her to have it. You don't have to give it to her today. I don't want to upset her but I want you to give it to her" Hal said. "Thank you" Jug whispered as he put the ring in his pocket. "I'm glad she has someone to take care of her" Hal said before making his exit. When he left the three others just stood in silence. "Are you going to give it to her?" FP asked. "Not yet. I will after the wedding" Jug said as he took the ring into the bedroom to keep it in a safe place.

Back at the Pembrooke, the others were talking around the breakfast table and lost track of time. "Oh it's been 20 minutes I better go and get Betty up!" Veronica chirped and slipped down the hall to Betty's bedroom. "Betty" she knocked gently but when Betty didn't reply she knocked louder. "B! You need to get up!" She said. Again there was no answer so she pushed the door open and gasped in shock when she noticed the empty bed. Betty was gone....