Chapter 18

After jughead and Betty made up everything went back to normal; one day Betty came running into the bar in her cheerleading practice uniform waving a piece of paper in her hand. "Hey Betts! How was school?" Jug asked when he spotted her. "Horrible!" She mumbled. "Why? What happened?" Jug asked, suddenly concerned that someone was being horrible to her again. "I got a C+ on my chemistry test!" She moaned. "Erm... well done?" Jug asked. "No! Not well done! I've always got an A!" She said. Some of the serpents who were listening, had to hide the fact they were trying not to laugh. "Betts, it's okay" Jug said, smiling. "It's not!" She said again and this time, to jugheads horror, tears pooled in her eyes. "Babe? What's wrong?" He said, gently rubbing her arms but she pulled away and doubled over, clutching the bar and groaning. "Betty what's going on?" Jug said, now really concerned. Toni who was watching this happen knew what was wrong with Betty and quickly lead her upstairs and giving Jug strict instructions to stay away for a while.

"Betty? Where do you keep your tampons?" Toni asked once they were upstairs. Thats right, Betty's sudden change of mood was because she was on her period. "Top draw" Betty mumbled. "Right here, and here's some pyjamas, sort your self out and I'll make you a hot chocolate" Toni said, handing Betty everything she needs and sending her into the bathroom. When Betty was changed she lay on the couch and pulled a blanket over her and Toni placed her mug of hot chocolate on the coffee table. "Thank you" betty said and gave Toni a hug. Toni then text jughead:

Toni: okay you may come upstairs now
Jug: what's going on? Is she okay?
Toni: just come upstairs, I have a shift to get back to.

Jughead raced up the stairs and into the apartment to find Betty groaning on the couch and Toni searching his cupboards. "Ah! You're here, where's your hot water bottle?" Toni asked and he pointed at a cupboard. "Is she sick?" Jug asked pointing at his girlfriend. "No not sick... but you need to give her lots of TLC, okay?" Toni said, while filling up the hot water bottle. "Why?" He said, still confused. "Because she got her period" Toni whispered. "Oh.." jug said before taking the hot water bottle off Toni. "See you later" Toni said before leaving. Jug made his way over to Betty and crouched in front of her, Placing the hot water bottle on her stomach. "How you feeling baby?" He asked, gently brushing her hair out her face and placing a soft, lingering kiss on her forehead . "Icky" she mumbled. "Do you need anything?" He asked and she mumbled "no.. just sleepy". "I'll let you sleep then, I'll be Working at the table if you need me" he said and kissed her cheek. "You missed" She said, still not opening her eyes. "What?" Jug asked and she pointed to her lips. Laughing her placed a kiss on her lips and she smiled and fell asleep.

An hour later, Betty was still asleep and jughead went down to check on the bar. "Hey boss" Sweetpea said. "Hey guys". "Where's betty?" FP asked. "Sleeping" Jug informed. "Why?" Fangs asked, Betty's never asleep in the day. "Girl problems" Toni answered before jughead could. "What do you mean... ohh" Sweetpea said, realising what they meant. Betty's voice coming from the top of the stairs interrupted their conversation. "Juggieee" she whined and tears were falling from her face. "Oh god" Jug mumbled before following her up the stairs. "Remind me to never get a girlfriend I don't want to deal with periods" Sweetpea said and Toni smacked his head. "That's why I'm Gay" fangs said.

"What is it baby?" Jug asked once he got Betty back on the couch. "I'm hungry" she stated while jughead wiped her tears "and my tummy hurts and I'm emotional and.. and I want a hug" she cried and jughead quickly pulled her in for a hug and rubbed her back. "I love you lots" she whispered into his chest. "I love you lots too" he said. "Thank you for putting up with all this" she said smiling up at him. "I wouldn't have it any other way" he said and gave her a kiss.