Chapter 75

5 days until the wedding:

"Betty you need to calm down" Kevin said as he watched Betty pace around his kitchen. "Calm down? That crazy new stepsister of mine just tried to run me off the road!" Betty yelled. Betty had been doing last minute wedding bits around town before heading over to Kevin's for a coffee when Abigail tried to run her off the road into a ditch near Sweetwater. "Betty please. Calm down, let's go and speak to jughead and see him" Kevin tried to reason with her but Betty was having none of it "no. I'm going to sort this out once and for all." She said angrily and grabbed the keys to her car and left Kevin's, ignoring him calling for her.

Kevin had been to slow to follow Betty to stop whatever she was going to do so instead her drove to the Whyte Wyrm to speak to jughead. "Jughead!" He shouted when he walked in, he spotted him at the bar With Toni, fangs and sweetpea. "Hey Kevin, where's betts I thought she was with you?" Jughead asked curiously. "She was but erm... she..." Kevin trailed off, immediately concerning the serpents. "When She got to mine she was pretty shaken up... Abigail tried to run her off the road" Kevin admitted. "WHAT?!" Jughead yelled. "Yeah... and she was angry and upset and I Couldn't calm her down but before I could bring her back she stormed out saying something about sorting it out once and for all" Kevin said. "Oh no! What will she do?!" Toni asked worriedly. "She was angry, like really angry... I don't know if she told you but the other year in school she almost drowned chuck Clayton for trying to sexually assault girls... she said it was a 'darkness' and I know it's her mental illness but her mental health is so much worse now I'm actually concerned for her" Kevin said shakily. "Okay. We have to go and find her." Jughead said.

Meanwhile, Betty had found Abigail's car parked on the side of a road. Checking nobody was around she jumped out her car and made her way over to Abigail's. She smashed all the windows and doors in. Suddenly she heard yelling coming from behind her. Abigail. "What are you doing you crazy bitch!" Abigail yelled. "I'm ending this! Stop harassing me! Stay away from me!" Betty screamed. "Oh honey, I'm only just getting started!" Abigail snickered and Betty lunged for her, slapping and pulling at her hair, Abigail doing the same. Eventually Betty pulled back and said "leave. Me.alone". "Or what?" Abigail said. Betty couldn't keep the darkness from over taking her. "Or I'll end you!" She said, taking a hold of her throat and pushing her back before getting back in her truck and leaving. When Betty was far away she looked at her self in the cars mirror. Her hair was a mess, she had a cut lip and a cut above her eyebrow and scratches all over her. Looking down her clothes were all messy from fighting, she sighed and drove back to the bar.

Back at the bar, jughead had called all the serpents in and the serpents went looking for Betty along with Kevin but they couldn't find anything, now they were back and trying to think of a new plan. Suddenly the doors to the bar opened and Betty walked in. The bar went silent, taking in her appearance. "Betty?!" Jug said rushing over to her. "What happened" Jug asked and he burst into a million questions: "why are you bleeding, your clothes have blood on!" "Where have you been?!" "Are you okay?!". Betty didn't say anything and just moved over to one of the bar stools. "Can I have some water please?" She said, her voice coming out hoarse. Toni hurriedly got her some water which Betty took small sips from. "Babe. What happened?" Jug asked softly, concerned for her. "Abigail" Betty said. All the Serpents gathered around waiting to hear what happened but before she could, the doors to the bar opened and sheriff Keller stepped inside. "Dad? What are you doing here?!" Kevin asked looking at his dad. Sheriff Keller didn't say anything and walked up to Betty. "Elizabeth cooper, I'm arresting you on the assault of Abigail smith".