Chapter 47

"BETTY!" Jughead yelled and ran towards the house but was stopped by FP. "Jug... look!" And pointed to the other stretcher. Blonde hair and pink dress. "Betty!" He said. "She's Alive Jug.... She's alive" FP said, his own tears falling down his face. The only thing that jughead was scared about was the fact she wasn't moving.

They weren't allowed to ride in the ambulance with her so everyone made their way to the hospital, apart from Hal and Polly who had to go with the sheriff to make statements. After a while of waiting the doctor came and said they were still trying to stabilise her, she suffered a major concussion and burns on her arm and stomach. "At least we know she's okay" Toni said as she came and handed Jug a coffee. "I'll Kill Alice for this! Hasn't she been through enough! She was doing so good today, the best in ages and now... I don't want to think about what will happen now" Jug said as his tears fell down his face. Before anyone could say anything Betty came into the waiting room, still covered in soot and her hospital gown; she obviously wasn't supposed to be out of bed. "Betts! Oh my god baby.." jug said as he stood up and wrapped her as carefully as he could in his arms. "Chic... where's chic?!" She asked looking frantic, what did they say; chic was dead. "Elizabeth, you're not supposed to be out of bed" a nurse said coming in with two doctors. "No.. no my brother where is he?! I need to see him!" She begged the Doctors clothes. "Honey..." Jug said his heart breaking for what he's about to tell her. The whole room went silent. "He... he didn't make it..." Jug said softly while pulling her into a hug. "What.." she whispered. "I'm so sorry baby" he said. It was at this point that Betty finally broke. She fell to the floor, screaming and crying. Jug was next to her in an instant, trying to shield her from all the pain. "Shhh I got you... let it out baby" he said as he kissed her head over and over.

"This is my fault! He stayed behind to help me! I killed my brother" she sobbed. "No darling. Do not think like that! What happened was a horrible accident and it's not your fault so please don't think so...now please I need you to come with me to check you over" the doctor said as he knelt in front of her. Betty nodded and before following the doctors and nurses she launched into jugheads arms and said "please come with me... I'm scared". "Always" he smiled at her and she grabbed his hand tight and they followed the doctors.

Betty had to stay over night in hospital to be monitored and jughead had crawled in next to her in her hospital bed, he was holding her shaking form as she sobbed into his chest. "I was so scared juggie. I thought I was dead". "I know baby. You'll be okay, you're strong okay?" He said. She didn't say anything. "Betts! I need you to listen to me okay" he said as he held her face in his hands. "What happened was not your fault! You're mother will pay and you will start to heal, what happened to chic wasn't your fault baby and I can't sit and watch you blame yourself!" He said. "Please betts, I love you too much and I can't let anything happen to you". "Okay... I love you too" she said and he kissed her forehead.

That night as they were lying in each-others arms after Everyone came In to see her Betty turned and kissed him gently. "Juggie?". "Yes gorgeous?" He replied. "Can we get my therapy? I've been through so much and I don't want it to take over and become to much and I thought I was going to be okay but now... after chic I don't know how much I can take so please can I get therapy?" She said as she looked up at him with big green eyes; his heart broke for the hundredth time that day. "Of course we can get you therapy baby. I'm so so so proud of for asking for help you have no idea and you will get through this and I'm here every step of the way." He said. "Thank you" she said and her eyes were fluttering closed before she fell asleep. He stayed awake gently rubbing her back and grateful she was still with him .

{please leave ideas and prompts! I'm running out of ideas💗}