Chapter 46

Jughead was waiting, it was agonising. "Is she okay?!" He shouted to all the paramedics. Nobody knew what was going on. Polly was crying into Veronica's arms and the serpents were huddled together trying to keep it together and not think about the fact that their favourite blonde ray of sunshine could be dead.

Inside the house, Betty was crushed beneath rubble and she was slowly fading. "Chic..." she whispered. He was still holding her hand but she couldn't see or hear him. "Chic... please" she begged for him to answer. When she got no answer she slowly started to close her eyes but tried so hard to stay awake; outside she could hear the fire crew and the ambulance; but she couldn't fight It and her eyes closed.

"Is she okay? Are they alive?" Fred Andrews asked the fire crew from where they were stood behind the barriers the police put out. "Sir, we're doing everything we can, please" the officer said, looking defeated. "Dad. I cant lose her" Jug said as his father embraced him. "I know son, I know" FP son, trying to keep calm.

Eventually the fire was put out and the fire crew were able to get into the house; they moved the rubble and infrastructure away and started to look around for betty and chic. Jughead stood waiting for any news of his girlfriend. After what felt like hours of evading the men inside the house started screaming orders and two stretchers were brought out of ambulance and over to the house. Jughead breathes a sigh of relief but as a body bag was placed onto it his heart shattered....