Chapter 89

Jughead woke up to Betty singing softly to a song on her phone, she was in the small kitchen taking items out of a paper bag, he looked at the time; 10:15. "Good morning" she chirped when she saw he was. "Morning betts" he smiled. "What's all this?" He said, getting out of bed and wrapping his arms around her from behind. "It breakfast, I went to a café I saw yesterday while you were still asleep and picked us up coffees and pastries" she said. "Thank you gorgeous. You didn't have to do that" he said appreciatively and turned her around so he could kiss her. "It's a thank you, for the necklace you brought me yesterday" she said as he hands traced her neck where the Crystal sat. "You don't have to thank me for that" he smiled. "I love you" she smiled. "I love you too". They ate their breakfast on the balcony, sat in each other's arms. "What shall we do today?" She asked. "There was trail for a hike I saw yesterday. Climb up and you overlook the ocean" he said. "That sounds good" she said and pecked his lips. "But if you can't Handle that much walking we can do something else" he said, concerned she wouldn't be able to do it. "No. No I want to try and if it gets to much we'll stop for a bit" she said.

So eventually they got into their hiking gear and grabbed a backpack with their lunch in which jughead offered to carry and they were off. They trail was beautiful; it was through a forest and it was quiet and peaceful and they seemed to be the only ones on it. After about half an hour Betty noticed her legs were starting to hurt, and not wanting to injure herself further she called out to Jug who was slightly in front of her. "Jug?" She said and when he turned around she continued "I.. can we stop.. for a minute" She panted, putting her hands on her knees and taking a few deep Breaths. Jughead was at her side instantly and lead her over to a rock where she sat down and he crouched in front of her. "Sorry. I should've asked if you were okay. Does it hurt? Shall we stop?" He asked. "No I'm good just need to rest" she giggled at all his questions. "Can I have some water please?" She asked. "Of course" he said and pulled it out of the bag. Jughead noticed she was breathing heavily and that her leg must be in pain. "Take a few Breaths baby. We can rest for as long as you like" he said. She breathed In and out for a moment before saying she was good and he took her hand and continued their hike.

When they got to the top, the view was amazing you could see over the beach and the sea. They stood for a moment, jugheads arms around Betty's waist from being and they just watched the view. They were suddenly interrupted by an old couple. "Would you like us to take your picture?" The man asked. "Oh. Yes please" Betty beamed and jughead handed them his camera. "You look so in love!" The old woman gushed from beside her husband as he handed Jughead the camera back. They said thank you and took a few pictures of the view and Betty took some selfies on her phone of them. Betty then stood near the edge and threw her hands in the air, letting the wind whip through her; jughead snapped the picture.

Later that night when they were back in their hotel room her posted the picture of Betty with her arms up looking at the sea with the caption:

My warrior. Proud of you baby🖤

He then went on to read the comments:

V.lodge: 🎉she walked, tell her I'm proud of her💗
Fangs.f: yeah! Serpent queen🎉
Tonitopaz: hope you're having a great time x
Sweetpea: what a badass!
Kevin.keller: that's my bestie #proud

Jughead looked over to where Betty was curled up on the bed, fast asleep next to him and smiled: he was so proud.