Chapter 85

When Betty arrived at the bar she was waiting outside ready for her cue, sat in her wheelchair. Polly and the twins went in to find their seats along with fangs, Archie and Kevin while Veronica and Toni (bridesmaids) waited with Betty. Suddenly the doors opened and FP stepped out. "Wow. Darling you look beautiful" FP said, trying not to cry. "Thank you" betty blushed and gave him a smile. "Can I have a minute with Betty please?" He asked and Toni and Veronica gave them some space. "First off are you okay? After this morning?" He asked and she nodded. "I just wanted to say I'm so glad you're part of this family. I can't tell you how much you've changed not only jugheads life but the whole serpent gang" FP started. "And I know you've asked me to walk you down the aisle and I'm honoured but I'm your dad now okay? Always" he said wiping his tears and pulling Betty into a hug. "Thank you so much" she said into his shoulder. "Okay are you ready?" He asked with a grin. "Absolutely" she giggled. Veronica and Toni came back over to push he wheelchair but Betty stopped them. "Wait! I've been working hard for this" Betty said and very slowly stood up, she whimpered in pain but got herself stood up. "What... you.. walk?" FP asked astonished. "I had extra sessions and I should be able to walk down the aisle. I wanted to surprise Jug" she said. "Oh B I'm so happy for you" Veronica hugged her. "I'm proud of you" Toni said and hugged her as well. "Okay let's do this" Betty said. Toni and Veronica walked down the aisle first and took position at the front.

Jughead was waiting to see Betty walk down the aisle. He was met with cheers of happiness and in confusion turned to see what everyone was cheering at. His jaw dropped. There was Betty looking beautiful in her dress; but she was walking. "Oh my god" he whispered, tears falling down his face. Betty was being held up by FP who had one hand around her waist and one holding her hand. Very slowly she started to take steps towards jughead and eventually got there. Betty thanked and hugged FP then FP hugged jughead. Jughead then grabbed Betts waist to help her up. "You okay baby?" He asked and she nodded. "You look beautiful" he whispered. "And I'm so so so proud of you" he said, still in shock that she was walking.

After the basic wedding vows, the priest then let the couple say their own. "Wow. Elizabeth cooper. Where do I begin? You have completely changed my life for the better and i fall more and more in love with you every day. You are beautiful and so brave. You've been through so so so much and every time you come back fighting and you're stronger for it. I love everything about you: I love when you're in a mood and slam all the doors in the apartment and I love when you get so tired that you burst into laughter at everything and even though I'm sure you'd chose your goldfish over me, kidding of course" he added and everyone burst out laughing "You inspire me everyday to be a better person and I'm so happy I get to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you so much betts" he said and wiped his tears. Next it was Betty's turn. "Jughead Jones you are the light in my darkness. You keep me sane, happy and make me feel like I'm worth everything. You're my rock, my world and I'm forever grateful that you chose to love me after everything that I've been through; you've stuck by me. I could stand here and thank you for everything that you've done but I really want to say thank you for accepting me and making me accept myself I don't know where I'd be without you. I love when you challenge me to eating contests at pops and when you sing at the top of your lungs when we're in the car without a care in the world and I'm glad i get to wake up to you every morning" she said and had to stop to wipe her own tears. "And even though I love my goldfish I'll always chose you over squirt" she joked. "Because I love you juggie" she finished. After they both finished there wasn't a dry eye in the room.

"Now do you Forsythe Pendelton Jones III take Elizabeth Cooper to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The priest asked jughead. "I do" jughead grinned and placed the ring on Betty's finger. "Do you Elizabeth Cooper take Forsythe Pendelton Jones III to be your lawfully wedded husband?" He asked Betty. "I do" she smiled and slipped the ring onto jugheads finger. "I now pronounce you husband and wife" the priest said. "You May kiss the bride". Jughead pulled Betty towards him and kissed her passionately before picking her up and twirling her around while the room erupted into cheers and claps around them.