Chapter 49

The next day Betty was a nervous wreck. The serpents all ate breakfast together but Betty was just pushing her food around on her plate; nobody said anything though. "Are you ready to go betts?" Jug said when they were cleaning up, she just nodded. On the ride to the morgue, jughead held her hand and rubbed soft circles over her knuckles.

When jughead parked the truck, he turned to face her and took her face in his hands. "Okay take some breathes, we can wait as long as you want Okay?" He said. "Okay" she said taking a deep breath. "I need closure juggie then I can't start healing in therapy" she added. "I love you" he said. "I love you too" he said. Jughead signed her in and then they waited to be called; the waiting room was dark and cold, but there was posters of smiling families, Betty hated it, it was all wrong. "Elizabeth Cooper?" She was called. She stood "I'll be right out here" Jug said, squeezing her hand before she followed the woman who had called her.

Betty was lead to a door at the end of the corridor. When she went it, her breathing hitched and tears starting streaming flowing down her face. Chic was laying there, he looked so peaceful like he was asleep but he was covered in burns and marks. Slowly, she made her way over to him and reaching to touch him,  carefully as if she was afraid he'd disappear. "I'm so sorry" she sobbed. "I didn't mean for this to happen. I hope you can forgive me" she continued, her tears falling over his icy skin. "I know that nobody got to explain anything that night, and there was so many unanswered questions but I promise you chic, I'll find out". Betty stayed talking and crying to chic for almost an hour until she leant over and placed a sad kiss onto his forehead. "I'll never forget you. I love you". She wiped her tears and then left the room, Leaving chic behind her.

"You okay sweetheart?" Jug asked when she walked back to where he was sitting, she nodded, and he didn't press any further, he just pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her head. "Juggie?" She said once they were back in the truck. "Yeah betts?". "I scheduled my first therapy session for today please may you take me there now?". "Of Course" he said and drove off. Later on they were back at the apartment and she was in the shower while he did some laundry. When she came back into the living room she sat on the Couch, looking for something to watch on TV. Jug joined her and placed her on his lap, wrapping his arms around her. "I'm so so so proud of you baby" he said. "You are?" She said looking up at him. "I am. You Betty cooper, are the strongest person I know" he said and kissed her softly. She smiled slightly, the first real smile in a days and she rested her head on his chest and turned her attention back to the TV.

{leave ideas and prompts💗}