Chapter 97

After dinner Betty and jughead said goodnight to everyone and went up to their apartment. "SQUIRT" Betty yelled excitedly when she saw her fish on the table. "I've missed you! Why are you so fat?" She said looking at the goldfish. "Wow betts Don't insult it" Jug laughed as he pulled their suitcases in. "It's not an it, squirt is a boy" Betty said. "But he does look fat! Did the serpents over feed you?" Betty asked the fish; jughead just chuckled at his wife. After they had unpacked all their things Betty made a pile of all their dirty clothes and started to do the laundry. After she has put them in the washing machine she stood up but had to balance herself on the counter top. "You okay babe?" Jug asked concerned as he came to stand next to her and placed a hand on the small of her back. "Yeah. Yeah sorry" she waved it off. "I just became really dizzy" she said as she turned on the washing machine. "Maybe you should lay down for a bit? I think you're coming down with something first you were sick on the plane and no this, not to mention you felt sick the other night" he pointed out. Betty gave some protests but eventually jughead had managed to get her to lay down.

Betty slept for around two hours and then woke up and went into the bathroom to run herself a bath. "Betts? You okay?" Jug called from his place on the couch. "Yeah I'm just running the bath" she replied. "Okay! Do you need anything?" He asked. "I'm good" she said. She put a bath bomb into the water and some oils and got in the tub. After a much needed and long soak she got out and put on her night dress and big fluffy dressing gown. She brushed her hair and left her natural blonde waves fall over her shoulders. When she was done she moved into the living room and lay on the couch with her head in jugheads lap. "You feeling better?" He asked, gently stroking her hair. "I'm hungry but I don't think I'll be able to eat without bringing it back up" she moaned. "Do you want some tea?" He asked and she nodded. Jug kissed her head and hurried off to the kitchen to make her tea. When it was done he found her sat up on the couch. "It's green tea. I heard it helps with an upset stomach" he smiled. "Thanks juggie" she said and leant her head on his shoulder. They sat and watched a movie but Betty fell asleep so jughead carefully picked her up and placed her in the bed, him joining shortly after and falling asleep.

The next morning jughead awoke to the sound of Betty running across the apartment floors in the bathroom. He quickly shot up and followed her into the bathroom where he found her crouched down and heaving over the toilet. "Let it out baby. I'm here. You're okay" he comforted her as he held her hair back and tied it up. "Are you done?" He asked softly as she stopped throwing up. She weakly nodded. "Yeah". "Come on let's get you cleaned up" he smiled and helped her to stand up. He turned the shower on and held his arm around her waist so she didn't fall or stumble, then he undressed both of them and helped her into the shower where he washed her hair and cleaned her up. There was nothing sexual about the gesture he just wanted to look after her; he hated seeing her so miserable.

After the shower jughead helped her to the couch and wrapped her up in blankets and put her favourite Disney movies on to help cheer her up. "I'm just going to get some honey from the bars kitchen I'll be back in a minute Okay?" He said as he kissed her cheek and she nodded. Downstairs the serpents were delighted to see jughead. "Hey son where's Betty?" FP asked. "She's sick. I think she may have caught a bug" Jug sighed. "I've come to get some honey for her tea" he said. "I'll get it" Toni said and went into the kitchen. "Is she okay?" Fangs asked. "I think so. She's just throwing up and feeling dizzy" Jug informed them. "Tell her we hope she feels better soon!" Sweetpea added, and the Serpents nodding. "I will, thanks guys" Jug said as Toni came back with a jar of honey, he thanked her and ran back up the stairs to his wife.

He made Betty some crackers and tea with honey, hoping she would feel better. "Eat slowly babe so you don't upset your stomach anymore" he said as she handed her the plate and sat down next to her, his arm coming around her shoulder. Betty managed to eat half of her crackers and slowly sipped on her tea. "If you feel any worse tomorrow I'm taking you to the doctors" Jug said. "Urgh I hate the doctors" she whined. "I know sweetheart but I want you to get better" he said and kissed her temple. After she drank her tea he gave her some medicine and they settled down to watch the little mermaid; Betty's favourite movie. "Thank you for looking after me" she said drowsily into his chest. "You're very welcome" he smiled down at her and leant in for a kiss but she moved away. "No! You'll get sick" she said. He smirked and kissed her anyway. "Totally worth it" he grinned.