Chapter 41

"Juggie I don't want to go back to school yet" Betty said as he handed her a plate of breakfast the next morning. "I'm not ready" she added in a whisper looking down. "Hey.. you don't have to Okay?" He said taking her hands and pecking her lips. "I know I know but I feel like if I don't go today I won't ever go back again" she sighed. "I'm one call away if you need me baby" Jug said.

Walking through the halls of Riverdale High Betty felt like an animal in the zoo, everyone was staring after hearing what happened to her in New York and she has a nice collection of bruises littering her skin. "B! I didn't know you were coming back today!" Veronica said, meeting her at her locker. "Well here I am" Betty said with a small smile. "Oh Kevin and Archie will be so please you're back! Let's go find them" veronica said, pulling Betty along to the student lounge. "BETTY!" Archie and Kevin said in unison when they saw the girls walk in. They took turns hugging her but they all sat down. When the bell went they all went off to home room. Betty was doing okay throughout the day; she didn't feel anxious or tired but by lunchtime her social batteries were dying and she excused herself to the blue and gold room for the remainder of lunch. Once she was on the old, worn out coach the blue and gold had she took out her phone and checked it, she had some notifications and a message from jughead:

Jug: hey princess! How's it going?❤️
Betty: call me ?💗

Suddenly jugheads face popped up on her called ID and she instantly accepted the call:

"Hey betts, you okay?." He said.
"Yeah, yeah I'm okay just miss you."
"Aww I miss you too! So how's school going?"
"It's going good I'm just a bit tired of socialising so I've hidden in the blue and gold." She giggled.
"Do you feel okay? Have you got any anxiety or anything ?" Jug asked, concerned as to why she wasn't with her friends.
"No, it was just a little overwhelming being with loads of People" she admitted.
"As long as you're okay, I'll pick you up after school babe".
"Okay, love you, see you later" she said.
"Love you more" he said and hung up.

Knowing that she could see jughead in only a few hours made the rest of the school day move so much slowly that it did before. In her English class, she was kept behind when everyone else was dismissed. "Miss Cooper, I have this weeks work for you just in case" her teacher said. "Oh why?" Betty said taking the papers, confused. "Well... you know... erm.. after everything you've been through you probably will be traumatised and won't be here much" the teacher said. Betty scoffed. "Well thanks for the concern but I'm completely fine being in the lesson and I'd appreciate it if you didn't treat me any other way!" Betty said raising her voice and storming out of the room, trying to keep her tears in; "is this how I'm going to be treated now" she said to herself. "Talking to yourself betts?" A voice behind her said. Startled, she turned around and came face to face with her boyfriend. "Juggie" She said in relief. He stepped forward and kissed her before pulling her into a hug. "You we're taking to yourself" he said. "Yeah my teacher gave me all this work" she sighed holding up the papers "she thinks I'm weak and incapable of being in the lesson after 'what I went through', can you believe that?" She yelled. "Woah hey, betts. You're not weak! You are anything but, ignore her." He said putting his hands on her shoulders and rubbing gently, hoping to relieve any tension. "Do you want me to go and say something?" He asked. "No I made my thoughts pretty clear" she said taking his hand and leading him to his motorcade. "That's my girl" he smirked. "Let's go home juggie" Betty said as they got on the bike and drove back to the Wyrm.

{sorry for being so inactive! I was dealing with some stuff and I'm back! Leave ideas and prompts!💗}