Chapter 30

"Betty?!" Jughead screamed trying to get her to respond. "Someone call an ambulance!" He yelled into the crowd as his girlfriend was limp in his arms. Soon an ambulance arrived and betty was whisked away, the others weren't allowed to ride with her and met them at the hospital. "Son, she will be okay, she's strong" FP said as he embraced his son who was pacing in the hospital waiting Room while Sweetpea, fangs and Toni just sat. The hospital doors swung open and in came Hal Cooper. "Is she okay?" He asked. "NO! SHES NOT AND ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!" Jug screamed lunging for hal but was held back by Sweetpea and fangs. "Jug calm down" fangs said. "I think it's best you leave" FP Said and a reluctant Hal left the hospital. "Are you here for Elizabeth Cooper?" A male doctor broke the Silence. "Yes, Yeah thats us" Jug said. "Is she okay? Can I see her? She must be so scared!" Jug rambled. "Well she will be okay, she's broken her wrist again as it hadn't properly healed, she has a very bad concussion and broken hip bone but it could've been a lot worse" the doctor explained. "She's still unconscious at the moment but we will set her up in her room then you can see her" he said and the others thanked him. "I'm going to call Kevin, he'll want to know" Toni said holding her phone up and walking outside.

When they were allowed to go and see Betty, jughead went in first. She looked so small in the hospital bed with tubes coming out of her arms. "Hey baby" he said, sitting down on the chair next to the bed. "I'm so sorry for what happened to you, I should've protected you, it's my job but I promise I'll never let anything happen to you again" he said, taking a hold of her hand. "I love you so much Betty and it scares the life out of me knowing that this could've been worse". Suddenly Betty's eyes started to flicker open and she squeezed his hand back. "Where am I?" She asked looking around and her voice hoarse.

After jughead explained what had happened it had brought on a whole round of tears from Betty and he was trying to calm her down for half an hour. "Where is she? My mums new 'daughter'?" Betty asked trying to hold back more tears. "I don't know baby but you don't need to worry about that at the moment I just need you to get better" Jug said Leaning over to capture her lips with his. After the doctor came to check Betty over and told her she would have to stay in the hospital for a few more days for observation, the others came in to see her. They all gave her a big hug and pulled up chairs to sit next to her. "You gave us quite a scare there darling" FP said kissing her head. "On a positive note, we're so proud of you for winning the award Betts!" Fangs said and the others agreeing. "We knew you could do it" Sweetpea said and Betty gave them a small grateful smile. "Hey, I spoke to Kevin and Veronica said we can use her penthouse here in New York until you're ready to come home and her Kevin and Archie are going to join us on the weekend, also the serpents are handling things back home and send their best wishes for you to get Better" Toni said, squeezing her hand that jughead wasn't holding. "Thank you" betty whispered before trying to sit up but ended up crying out in pain. "Woah careful gorgeous, here let me help you" Jug said, helping her to carefully move into a sitting up position and then draped the blanket around her as she was shivering.

Later that night jughead was the only one left at the hospital with Betty; as he wasn't leaving her side again and he had gone to go and get them sandwiches. There was a knock on Betty's hospital room door and she assumed it was a nurse doing her rounds but when she shouted "come in!" And the door opened she wasn't expecting who came through the door....

{thanks for reading! Please leave ideas and prompts I'm struggling a little bit! Thanks for all your support!💗}