Chapter 61

A week after Betty had been dress shopping she was in the apartment going through the mail while jughead was downstairs in a meeting with the serpents. One on the envelopes in the mail was addressed to her; she opened it and it was about college. Suddenly feeling really anxious she ran down to the bar, still in her sweats with the envelope in her hand. She needed to think for a while so she was going to go to her spot at Sweetwater. "Hey Betts" Jug greeted as all the serpents turned to say hi to her. "I.. erm.. can I have the...the keys... to the truck" she rushed out and instantly put jughead and everyone else on alert. "Babe.. hey what's going on?" He asked reaching for her but she stepped back, not wanting to be touched. Jughead was worried she hadn't had an episode like this in a while. "Darling, shall we sit for a bit?" FP asked pointing to a booth. "No! No no I .... I need the truck" she said again trying not to hyperventilate. Jug knew he couldn't give her the keys and let her drive when she was in this state. "Betts, I need you to explain what's going on" he said softly. She didn't say anything she just gave him the envelope which he read; FP took this opportunity to lead Betty into the office so the three of them can be alone. "Betts" Jug started and crouched in front of her. "I don't understand, it's a letter about applying for College, what's making you panic?" He asked. "I..I don't want to go I like online school I can't go back somewhere like this again" she said thing not to cry. "Darling, I have another option" FP said. "Why don't we look into online school?" He said. "Really? I can do that?" She said looking up with hopeful eyes. "Of course" FP said and opened his laptop. "I'll look in to it for you" he said and started researching. "Thank you" she said and sat for a while trying to calm down as Jug rubbed her Back. "I'm going to get some water" she said and left her office. Jughead took the opportunity to talk to his dad. "Thank you dad, honestly I don't want to send her to a college again if it will turn out like her high school experience" he started "and I feel like I'm still getting her back dad. She's been though so much and she's still trying to get better, I can't even think about the fact that college would be a set back, I don't know how much more she can take" he added and sat in the seat opposite his dad. "Son, I'm so proud of you for what you're doing for Betty and I love that girl so I'm with you I don't want her to go to college if she's uncomfortable so if she wants to online college then that's what she'll do" FP said and jug gave him an appreciative smile.

When Betty came back she sat in jugs lap and his rubbed her back; he knew she was always exhausted after her panic attacks. "We found an online course for you, you want to journalism right?" Jug said and Betty nodded eagerly. "Thank you so much" she said to both men. "Your welcome darling" "Anything for you baby" they said. "I'm going to leave you two" FP said with a smile and left the room. "You going to be okay betts?" He asked holding her closer to him and kissing her head. "Yeah. Sorry it's just my PTSD kicked in this morning and it probably didn't help I didn't get much sleep" she said. "Don't apologise Betts, and why didn't you get much sleep?" He pressed. "I was looking at wedding decorations on tumblr and I got a bit excited then couldn't sleep" she smiled and he laughed "well shall we go and take a nap?" He asked and she nodded.

The couple were cuddled up in bed and once Betty thought Jug was asleep she took her phone from the bedside table and started looking at wedding things again. Jughead smirked to himself, not actually being asleep. "Honey, we're supposed to be sleeping" he laughed and she looked at him startled, not thinking he was awake. He wide eyes made him laugh even more. "Betts, come on sleep I need to know you're looking after yourself" he said. "I will I promise I'm Just looking" she smiled. "Okay then show me what you're looking at" he grinned at her and she beamed and started showing him everything she was looking at for the wedding, causing them both to grow more and more excited for their big day.