Chapter 23

The next week Betty and Kevin were sat in the waiting room of the hospital waiting to be called in to see if Betty was healing. "I Hate this" she said to Kevin, nervously tapping her foot. "Jug promised he would be here, I hate not knowing about 'serpent business'" she huffed. "Elizabeth Cooper?" A nurse interrupted before Kevin could reply. The doctor took her cast off her wrist and Gave her strict instructions to still rest and take it easy because her wrist was still weak and her ribs weren't fully healed. Once they had finished up Kevin drove her back to the bar, the whole ride home Betty sat in silence.

Once they arrived at the wyrm, Betty stormed in, through a serpent meeting without saying hello to anyone and running up to the apartment and slamming the door. "What the hell?!" Jug asked as Kevin walked through the door. Jughead tried to follow betty but Kevin stopped him. "No, don't, she won't want to speak to you right now" Kevin said with a sheepish smile on his face. "Why? What's going on? Is she okay? What did they say at the hospital?!" Jug said. "Okay Romeo calm down, her cast is off but she can't have stress and still needs rest so she can heal properly but she's annoyed at you for keeping her in the dark about and I quote 'serpent business' and I think she's mad you missed her appointment" Kevin explained. "She can't know serpent stuff it's a law" Jug said. "Maybe you should talk to her" Kevin suggested. "But let her cool down for a bit first yeah?" He added and left the wyrm.

As Kevin suggested jughead waited a while until he went to check on Betty. In the apartment he found her sat at the table not doing anything and a mug of coffee In front of her. "Hey baby" he said giving her a kiss. "Betts? What's wrong?" He asked when she didn't respond. "Do you love me?" She asked. Jug was shocked. "Of course I do, more than life itself" he said moving to stand In front of her and holding her hands. "Why weren't you at the hospital today?" She asked. "Baby im so sorry, I had a serpent meeting, I'll make it up to you" he pleaded. Betty stood up and scoffed, pulling away from his grip. "I can't believe you! I'm supposed to be your girlfriend and yet I'm in the dark! I feel like you only let me into part of your life when I let you in all of mine!" She yelled, all her pent up anger finally escaping. "Betts slow down a second you need to take it easy and I would tell you if I could but I can't!" He said trying to calm her down. "Why not?!" She screamed. "Because only serpents can know!" He said. "Fine! I want to be a serpent!" She said....

{ hey I'm struggling for ideas! Please comment prompts or what you would like to see! 💗}