Chapter 54

"You're going to propose?" FP asked. "I am" Jug said proudly. "Oh my god" Toni squealed in excitement. "I'm proud of you son" FP said. The rest of the serpents erupted into cheers "Yes!" "Congrats man!" "Finally!" "WOO!". After he spoke to everyone jughead went upstairs to Betty.

When he got up to the apartment Betty was coming out of the bathroom in just her towel. "Damn" he smirked and she blushed. He followed her into the bedroom where he watched her put her pyjamas on. "How can you still look that sexy.... even in unicorn pyjamas" he teased and she laughed at him before climbing onto the bed beside him and kissing him softly. "Please can you help dry my hair?" She asked. Betty still struggled with some everyday tasks; her body was still healing after everything she'd been through. "Of course princess" he smiled and he walked her over to the mirror and pulled out the hairdryer. When he was done he gently brushed her hair and then pulled her up so he could kiss her. After a mini make out the couple crawled into bed. "Have You had a good day princess?" He asked her as he stroked her hair. "I did, did you?" She asked smiling up at him. "Of Course, I spent it with you". "I wasn't much fun, I've been doing school work" she sighed. "Anytime with you is a good time, and anyway you'll graduate soon and then I'll have you all to myself" he said and she giggled and said "I can't wait". Betty fell asleep soon after and as jughead watched Over her sleeping form he knew all he wanted to do for the rest of his life was keep Betty cooper smiling.

The next morning jughead was woken up to Betty singing from the kitchen, grinning to himself he dragged himself out of bed to find Betty. He leaned against the doorway smiling at how beautiful she looked; she was making coffee while dancing around and singing in her unicorn pyjamas. When she turned around she jumped a foot in the air as she noticed him. "Juggie! You scared me!" She giggled as he burst out laughing. "Sorry" he smiled as he made his way over and placed his hands on her waist, he leant down and pulled her to him for a soft kiss. "Good morning gorgeous" he said. "Good morning handsome" she smiled up at him. "I'm so lucky to have you" he said as he pulled her into him once again. "I know you are" she joked and laughed once he joking slapped her bum. "I'm joking, I'm lucky to have you too! I love you" she said. "I love you too" he said.

The day continued on and while Betty was cooped up in the apartment trying to finish her remaining school work before graduation, jughead was sat with the serpents in the bar. During a game of pool with Sweetpea, jugheads phone buzzed with a message from Betty:

Betty: can you come upstairs please?

He said goodbye to the serpents and made his way to Betty. "Betts?" He called when he walked into their apartment. She wasn't sat at the table with her work where she normally did her work. He walked into the bedroom and found her sat up on the bed, wrapped in a blanket and had tears falling down her cheeks. "Baby? What's wrong?" He asked as he came to sit in front of her and held her hands to stop her from hurting herself. "It's silly" she said and let out a watery laugh. "Baby, it's not silly if it upsets you" he said gently. "It's just I was in the middle of working and I got hot so opened the balcony doors and the smell of smoke came in and it just sent me into a panic... I'm sorry for making you come up here" she said. "Oh betts, it's ok you're safe okay? It's okay to feel like this you know it's only your PTSD your therapist explained this... and I'm always here for you so please don't ever worry about disturbing me or asking me to come to you Okay?" He said softly and she nodded. "Okay, I'm still sorry" she sniffed. "Don't apologise I love you and I just want you to feel safe" he smiled and she kissed him. "I love you too". "Okay I think you need a break from work do you want to watch a movie?" He asked. "Later I just want to stay here a little longer and cuddle" she said and he moved to lie next to her and pulled her to his chest. After a while he thought she'd calmed down he kissed her head and heard her let out a satisfied sigh. "You okay now sweetheart?" He asked. "I am now thank you" she smiled and kissed his chest.

"Jug?" She asked while they were sat on the Couch watching a movie that night. "Yeah betts?" He said. "Do you ever think about our future?" She asked. "Yeah... do you?". " all the time" she said. "What do you think about?" He asked her as he paused the movie and linked their fingers together. "Me and you, getting married and having cute babies with your hair and blue eyes" she smiled to herself "or your hair and your green eyes" he added, his own grin on his face. "I can't wait" she smiled and rested her head on him sleepily. "It will come soon enough baby" he smirked to himself.