Chapter 79

3 days until wedding:

The next day jughead had dropped Betty off st her next physio therapy session; it was a long one and would be gone for most of the day. She hadn't wanted him to wait for her so he respected her wishes and promised to pick her back up later. Jughead was in the back office of the Wyrm doing some paperwork when Sweetpea, fangs and Toni came in. "Hey guys" Jug greeted. "So. Are you nervous? For the wedding?" Toni smiled as they all took a seat. "A little but I'm more excited" Jug grinned. "Is everything sorted, nothing more to do before the big day?" Fangs asked. "It's all done. Food, venue, clothes, honeymoon, party, rings, cake and guests" jughead said. "I can't wait until you see her in her dress!" Toni squealed excitedly. "How is she? With... relearning how to walk properly?" Sweetpea said. Jughead sighed. "She's strong. And she's determined and the nurses told me she's doing better than expected and should he healed almost in the next 3-4 weeks". "So she'll be in a wheelchair for the wedding?" Fangs asked. "Unfortunately, yeah she will" jughead sighed sadly.

"Okay listen up. We have three days until the wedding and I need all hands on deck to make this bar the best wedding venue this town has ever seen!" FP said as he addressed all the serpents. "The day before the wedding we'll put up the decor and all that but we need to keep it clean until then." He added. The serpents all nodded and agreed. "Also, we need to make sure that Betty is comfortable and can get around easily, she's been injured before but this... this is hard on her. This could be a life long problem, so can somebody put a ramp up so she can get her wheelchair in" FP said and a few serpents rushed to follow orders.

When jughead got to the hospital he went to the room where Betty was and found her talking to the nurses. She looked exhausted but she had a smile on her face. "Juggie! I did it. I stood by myself!" She exclaimed and the smile on her face melted his heart. "I'm so proud of you baby!" He grinned and took her cheeks in his hands and kissed her passionately. While Betty put on her jacket jughead took the toke to speak to the nurse. "How was she?" He asked. "She did brilliantly. Her recovery will be a quick one if she carries on like this, just make sure she doesn't over exhaust herself" she said with a smile. "She's strong. You should be proud of her" the nurse said, jughead looked over his shoulder at Betty who was sat and scrolling through her phone. "I am, so proud" he said with a smile. "Come on princess let's get you home" jughead said as he kissed her head and stood behind her wheelchair to push her out of the hospital. Once they were in his truck she held his hand the whole way. "Can we go to pops, I'm craving a milkshake" she smiled and he nodded before turning the truck in the direction on pops.

"There's my favourite couple!" Pop greeted whole heartedly when jughead and Betty came in. "Hey pop" "hi" they said. Pop came around the counter and bent down to give Betty and hug in her wheelchair. "How you doing?" He asked with a sad smile. "I'm okay, I'll be better in no time, the nurses said I'm going Really well" Betty grinned. "I'm glad darling" he said. Jughead helped Betty into a booth and he slid in after her. He put his arm around her and she cuddled into his side. "I love you" she sighed with a smile. "I love you too" he said and kissed her head. Their milkshakes came and jugheads burger and fries they ate in comfortable silence. Betty finished off her milkshake and started staring a jughead eating his meal. "Yes?" He said with amusement in his eyes, when he caught her staring at him. "Can... I have some fries?" She asked with a puppy dog face. He laughed at her then pushed his plate over to her and she happily picked at his fries. "Thank you" she smiled. "You're lucky I love you. I don't share my food with anyone" he smirked. "Well aren't I special?" She giggled. Jughead looked at her seriously. "Yes. Yes you are".