Chapter 24

"No! Betts no, you cannot be a serpent!" Jug yelled. "Why?! I want to be included and not shut out all the time!" She said, tears falling down her face. "Betty, if you were a serpent I couldn't protect you, the serpents couldn't protect you, you'd have to fight with us I can't let you do that, how about this, I promise to fill you in on what I can if you promise to not be a serpent?" Jug pleaded. Betty stood in silence for a moment, contemplating her options. "Okay" she whispered. "Thank god" he said, breathing a sigh of relief and wrapping her up in his arms and wiping her tears. "And I promise I will always be by your side in all your appointments" he said into her hair.

The next day Betty was finally going to school, Kevin had come to pick her up in his dads truck and after a long goodbye to an over protective jughead they were finally in the truck. By lunchtime Kevin could tell Betty was tired but didn't want to say anything as she was putting on a brave face. "Hey Kev Shall we do something tonight?" Betty said when they were leaving school. "Are you sure you won't be to tired?" Kevin asked. "Nope" she smiled. "Okay well there's a house party that the whole school seems to he going to" Kevin said and Betty agreed.

That night Betty and Kevin were stood in a house with loud music and kids making out and lots of alcohol. Both Betty and Kevin were dancing and having a great time, for the first time in a long time Betty felt normal. They weren't drinking because they didn't want to do anything stupid so when Betty started swaying kevin was very worried. "Betty? You good?" He asked as he lead her outside to the back of his truck and sat her down. "Mmm sleepy" she mumbled and laid down. Kevin quickly text jughead:

Kevin: hey! Betty's drinks been spiked and she's acting really strange can you come?
Jug: on my way!

About ten minutes later jughead and FP pulled up at the party and helped Kevin with a drowsy Betty, once they got her back at the bar and sobered up the four of them sat at a table. "Will this mess with my medication?" Betty said, her voice coming out Hoarse. "No baby, you should be fine" Jug said kissing her softly on the cheek. "Okay good, I'm going to go to bed because I'm so tired" she announced. "Okay I'll be up in a minute" Jug said as she left. "How was she at school today?" Jug asked Kevin. "She was struggling I think, she looked exhausted but she's stubborn so wouldn't admit it but I think she was okay" Kevin explained. When jughead got up the apartment he found Betty in his shirt and buried under the covers sleeping. Careful not to wake her, he stripped down so he was only in his boxers and climbed in next to her and spooning her. "Sweet dreams princess" he whispered.

{ hey! I'm really struggling for ideas at the moment! Please help me out and send me some ideas! Thanks for reading💗}