Chapter 12

The next week Betty was in the bar sitting with jughead while they ate breakfast. "Betts do you ever want to eat something else for breakfast?" Jug asked, pointing to her chocolate croissant. "Nope" she grinned and he laughed. "Juggieee?" Betty said in a baby's voice. "Oh no, I don't think I'm going to like where this going" Jug stated as he took a sip of coffee. "I want to learn how to ride a motorcycle" she said. "You do?" He asked surprised and she nodded. "Okay lets do it" he said. "Really?!" She said excitement evident in her voice. "Really." Jug said, he Couldn't keep the smile off his face. "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you" betty yelled as she jumped from her side of the table and flew into his arms. "You're welcome" he laughed kissing her cheek. "What are we celebrating?" Sweetpea asked as he made his way over to the couple. "Betts here is going to learn how to ride my bike" jug said as he angled his body so Betty was sitting in his lap. "Wow, you are so badass cooper" Sweetpea said with a smirk on his face. After breakfast Betty and jughead made their way down to a road off Sweetwater River where the serpents usually go to practice Riding as nobody ever drives down. "Okay Babe you ready?" He asked and Betty nodded. After showing her the basics over and over he moved to straddle the bike behind her and gently helped her to ride it while he was behind her. "Okay I'm ready to try by myself" Betty announced after a few hours. "Are you sure?" Jug asked, apprehensively. "Yep" She said and he let her go by herself. After a few stalls she finally got the bike to move; even if she wasn't going fast. "Babe! You did it, I'm so proud of you" Jug said as he pulled her into a kiss. "Can I go again?" She asked and he nodded. She was going slow and was doing well until suddenly a rabbit jumped out into the road and she tried to swerve and lost balance and accidentally changed the gear and the bike sped up. "BETTY!" Jug screamed as he stood helplessly. Suddenly Betty was flung off the bike and her body was flying through the air and landed off the side of the road with a thump. "BETTY,OH MY GOD!" Jughead screamed and ran to her. "Please be okay" he repeated as he shook her unconscious body, her clothes were bloody and mixed with dirt and there was a nasty gash on her face that was bleeding. With his shaking hands he pulled out his phone and called an ambulance.

Once they were at the hospital Betty was taken away and jughead was told to wait in the waiting room. He quickly sent a message to the Serpents:

Jug: come to the hospital now all of you. It's Betty!

After sending it his dad rang him and jughead explained what had happened and what was going on so he didn't have to go over it again. A while later the serpents burst through the hospital doors and FP wrapped his son up in a hug. People were staring at the leather clad bikers but they didn't take any notice. The Serpents sat in a waiting room until they were interrupted by Alice Cooper entering. "What the hell are you doing here?!" Fangs yelled. "I had a call from the hospital saying my daughter was in an accident why do you think I'm here?" She snapped back. "You didn't want her! Don't think you're entitled now!" Jug said but they were interrupted by a doctor bringing out Betty, still in her bloodied and dirtied clothes but the cut on her head was stitched up but she was covered in cuts and bruises. She was pale and the doctor placed her in a wheelchair. "Elizabeth are you okay?" Alice asked. "She has a concussion, lots of cuts and bruises and she will be very sore for a while but here's some medication take one with every meal" her doctor said as he handed Alice the bag but FP snatched it away. "She lives with us, Thank you doc we'll make sure she takes it anything else?" He asked. "She may feel a bit groggy and nauseous and sleepy but it's all normal" the doctor said and FP nodded, the doctor left and Alice said "wow Elizabeth what have you got yourself into?! A motorcycle really?!" Jughead noticed that Betty clearly wasn't in the right head space to deal with she mother so he grabbed her wheelchair and pushed her out to the truck the serpents following. "ELIZABETH COOPER! I'm your mother I expect you to answer me!" Alice said. Betty suddenly stood up from her chair. "NO! You're not! You abandoned me and kicked me out! These people here are my family!" She yelled, gesturing to the serpents around them. But the sudden movement was too much for her concussion and injuries and she found herself falling until Jug grabbed her and secured her with his arms around her waist. "You okay baby?" He asked. "Yeah can we just go home, I'm tired?" She asked and he nodded and helped her into the car and drove off; the serpents following leaving a dumbstruck Alice Cooper in their dust.