Chapter 25

"Juggieeee" Betty yelled when she walked in to the bar after school one day. "Yeah betts?" He said from where he sat at the bar with Toni and Sweetpea. "Look!" She said excitedly, and waved a piece of paper in his face. It was a letter that read:

Dear miss Cooper,
You have been selected ( as the blue and gold) to submit a piece to the New York Times competition, your journalistic piece could be whatever you want! Good luck and well done!

Yours sincerely,
New York Times, young writers.

"Betty this is amazing!" Jug said and picked her up, spinning her around. "Im so proud of you babe" he said and she pulled him down so she could kiss him. Later that night when all the serpents were having dinner Betty broke the news to everyone and everyone cheered and clapped. "Well done darling, you deserve it!" FP said pulling her in for a hug. "What are you going to write about?" Fangs asked her. "I don't know, I have a few ideas but I don't think they're good enough" she said. "Betts, anything you write about will be amazing" Jug encouraged and she smiled gratefully.

The next day was a Saturday and Betty was sat at a table in the bar, brainstorming ideas about the competition. Suddenly the bar went quiet and in came Alice Cooper. "Mom?!" Betty said, standing up and meeting her in the middle of the bar. Sweetpea and fangs stood next to her while Toni went to get jughead and FP. "I went to visit you at school the other week and they said you weren't there! Why not?!" Alice demanded. "Betty was in an accident she had leave off school, not that you would care!" FP said from behind Betty and jug grabbed her hand, lacing their fingers together so she wouldn't dig her nails in. "Well whatever! I hear you are part of a journalism competition?" Alice asked. "Yes, for the New York Times" Betty said Proudly. "Well I've read your work and I came by to tell you that you might as well give up now because you won't be good enough and you'll make a fool of yourself" Alice said coldly. A tear rolled down Betty's face and she excused herself to go and sit back at her table, she could hear jughead kicking her mother out and then he was at her side wiping her tears and hugging her. "Baby, look at me" he said and she pulled back to look at his face. "You will do amazing okay? You are good enough and you are going to prove her wrong okay? You got this!" He said and she kissed him, hard.

That night she was in the apartment while Jug was in the shower and she finally decided what to write her article about: the serpents, to a point, she was going to write about gangs and people who are misunderstood. "Hey betts, you decided what you're going to write about?" Jug asked as he came out the bathroom. "Yep, but it's going to be a surprise and you can't read it" she said, smirking. "Well then, it best be amazing" he laughed and pulled her up and into the bedroom, where he giggles filled the apartment.

{thank you so much for 1k reads! Please leave prompts and ideas!💗}