Chapter 48

When Betty woke up in the hospital room the next day, jughead wasn't next to her. Slowly she got up, wincing at the pain from her burns, and moved towards the door. She could jughead and FP and guessed everyone had come back and was waiting in the waiting room. "Juggie?" She called out when she entered the waiting room and everyone turned to her. Jug, FP, fangs, Sweetpea and Toni were all there. "Betts, good morning, how are you feeling?" Jug smiled and pressed a kiss to her cheek, Betty just shrugged in response. "Hey darling you gave us quite the scare" FP said and hugged Betty. "I'm sorry" Betty whispered, looking to the ground. Jughead shared a confused glance with the others, why was she apologising? "I'm going back to bed, juggie can you come?" She asked and he grabbed her hand and lead her back. "I don't want to not be with you" she said when he settled her back in the bed. "Oh baby... I promise I won't leave you I was talking to the doctors" she said and moved some hair from her face. "What did they say?" She said. "You can probably go home later today they just want to keep you in a bit longer". "Okay" she said, she wasn't talking much and she was just staring into space. "I want to see chic" she said after a while of silence. Jughead took her hand and squeezed lightly. "Okay baby, we can see chic when you get discharged okay? I promise" Jug said, staring at his girlfriend, wishing her could take the pain away.

After a day of tests and more doctors Betty was finally discharged. While she was left to get dressed Jug Was talking to the doctor about getting her therapy. When he walked back into her room she was in the bathroom. "Betts? Can I come in?" He asked. When she didn't answer he opened the door to find her in nothing but leggings and a bra, staring at herself in the mirror, tears streaming down her face. "Baby, what's up?" He asked. "I'm so ugly! It's horrible!" She sobbed, pointing at the burns. "No! No! They are not, you are beautiful and they will heal betts, please it's killing me to watch you go through this but baby listen you are the most beautiful girl I've ever met" he said before placing a gentle kiss over each Of her burns and scars and then kissing her tears away. "Now come on, let's go home" he said when he pulled away and helped slip her shirt on and then his hoodie.

When they arrived back at the bar jug explained that she has therapy twice a week at the hospital. Then she asked if she could speak to FP and jughead in the office. "What's up darling?" He asked. "Can you please organise a meeting with the school" she asked quietly. "Why betts?" Jug asked, crouching In front of her. "I can't go back... I want to do online school". "Of course you can baby" jug said hugging her. "I'll arrange a meeting as soon as" FP said smiling at her.

That night jug was in the shower and when he came out Betty was sat at the kitchen counter on the phone; he waited until she came off and the asked "who was that?". She stood up and walked over to the couch and sat on his lap. "The morgue, I can see chic tomorrow" she sighed and he wrapped his arms around her. "I'll be with you the whole time, gorgeous". "Thank you for being patient with me, I'm going to get better" she said looking up at Him, and he couldn't resist and kissed her hard but softly. "I know honey, I love you" he said. "I love you so much" she said and leaned her head on his shoulder. He made her feel safe.

{leave ideas and comments!💗}