Chapter 78

4 days until the wedding:

The next day was Betty's first physio therapy session. Jughead stood at the end of the two bars Betty was using to walk with. "You got this betts!" He encourages. A nurse was stood behind Betty incase Betty fell. Betty had only taken a few steps, and she was in a lot of pain. "I can't do it" she said as a few tears fell. "You did great Betty" the nurse said with a warm smile as she helped Betty back into her bed. "Baby, that was amazing" Jug said and kissed her. "I could've done better" she moaned. "And you will, it was only your first session" he smiled.

Betty was told she was being discharged than evening so when jughead left to get her clothes to change in to, Betty spoke to the nurse who helped her that morning. "I want more sessions, I'm getting married in 4 days and I want to surprise my fiancé by walking down the aisle" Betty said. The nurse smiled and helped her through another session where Betty manages to get to the end of the bar. "Well done, you'll be walking down the aisle in no time" the nurse praised.

When Betty was back at the bar, jughead had carried her up the stairs (as her wheelchair couldn't make it) and he helped her onto the Couch. He threw a blanket over her and kissed her softly. "Do you need anything?" He asked and she nodded "can I have some tea please?". "Of course" he said and went to the kitchen. A while later they were curled up on the couch where Betty was dropping off to sleep. "You awake honey?" He asked as she gently nudged her. "Mmm Yeah" she mumbled sleepily. "You want to go to bed?" He asked and she nodded. Jughead very carefully picked her up and carried her to their bedroom. He tucked her in and took off his own clothes and put on his sweats and left his chest bare. He got in beside her and Carefully not to hurt her leg anymore, he spooned her and pulled her to his chest. He watched as her chest rose and fell and she fell deeper and deeper asleep; moving his hand up he gently stroked the cuts and scratches that littered her body and then her face and his heart ached that she had been hurt once again and there was nothing he could've done about it.

When he knew she was definitely asleep he moved off the bed and tidied up the apartment and fed Betty's Goldfish, god knows she'd be distraught if squirt died. He was pulled out of his thoughts by Betty's tired voice. "Juggie!". He rushed back into the bedroom and she was still laying down but had a small smile on her face. "Come back to bed" she said opening her arms up to him and he laughed at how cute she was being. "Okay but let's give you your medication first" he said and handed her the tablets and glass of water from the bedside table. "Thank you" she said, and he took the Empty glass and put in on the side before getting back in bed. "I love you juggie" she smiled and kissed his chest before snuggling into him. He grinned and held her close. "I love you more honey".