Chapter 55

On the day of graduation jughead was a nervous wreck. What if she said no?. His thoughts were interrupted by Betty waking up and joining him on the balcony. "Morning" She mumbled into his chest. "'Good morning gorgeous" he laughed at how tired she was. "Don't laugh! It's your fault we were up so late!" She teased. He pulled out of their hug and smirked at her. "Really because I seem to remember you basically jumping me when we~" but he was cut off by Betty "Okay Okay I get it" she giggled and hugged him again. "Are you excited for today?" He asked her. "I am, finally can be done with school" she sighed. "I'm sure I'll tell you again later but now it's just us two... I'm so so so proud of you baby. You've been so strong and brave and after everything you've been through you've still completed school" he said as he smiled proudly down at her. Betty's eyes filled with tears at his words. "I couldn't have done it without you" She whispered. "You could've, you underestimate yourself betts" he said. "I love you juggie". "I love you too betts".

Later that morning they were sat with the serpents eating breakfast. "Okay so what time is graduation?" Jug Asked. "It starts at 6" Betty said as she started to eat. "Okay we'll be there" FP said. "You're coming?" Betty asked in shock. "Of course!" Toni laughed. "Wait who's coming?" Betty asked looking around. "Babe. All of the serpents are going to be there" Jug said as he squeezed her hand. "Really?" She asked with a grin. "Darling, we're your family and we're so proud so of course We'll be there" FP Said and Betty started to cry. "Hey don't cry" fangs said. "Sorry" she giggled. "It's just after my family and after everything that's happened I'm so grateful I have you guys" she sniffed. "Aww Baby" Jug said moved to hug her properly. Jughead looked around and noticed a lot of Serpents wiping there own eyes; Betty cooper was so loved.

When breakfast had finished the serpents started talking about the party they were throwing for Betty after graduation which Kevin, Archie and Veronica were also coming too. "Okay so we'll start planning that later" Toni said. "Wait!" Betty said causing everyone to look at her. "What?" Sweetpea asked. "I have a therapist session at 2. Can someone please drop me? I would drive myself but it's always hard when I come out" she said. "I'll take you" FP said. "Thanks dad" Jug said flashing his dad a grin.  Later on when everyone was setting up the for party Betty and FP were in his truck. "I am proud of you darling" he said. "Thank you, for everything, you've done so much for me I don't know how I'll ever be able to repay you" she said making him smile. "You do enough Betty, you make my son happy and the serpents haven't ever smiled the way then do when your around; you make us all better people" FP said and once again brought Betty to tears. "I love the serpents, they're more than a family that mine ever were, I can be myself there and I'm so lucky to be apart of your family" she smiled and he ruffled her hair before he pulled up to the therapists office and she got out.

Jughead had just finished hanging up banners when his dad and Betty came back to the bar. "Hey Betts. How was it?" He asked like he always did when she got back from her appointments. She smiled at him and he instantly knew she was okay. "It was good" she said and he kissed her. "Okay I'm going to get my stuff then I'm going to Veronica's because she wants to get ready together" Betty said before she was off up the stairs. When she came back down with her back over her shoulder she kissed him again. "Have you eaten lunch?" He asked, he was always looking out for her and it made her heart melt. "I haven't but Veronica said she has her chef making us something for when I get there" she said and he smiled and pulled her to him once again. "I'll see you later, I love you" she said as she walked away. "I love you too" he smiled.

The serpents were having a meeting and grilling jughead about the proposal. "I'll do it at the party" he said. They all started cheering. Suddenly jugheads phone buzzed:

Betty: see I've had lunch! 💗🤗
*attached one picture*

Jughead laughed as he saved the picture of Betty eating a sandwich. After a while they all got on their bikes and made their way to the school. Outside Betty met them, she was in a stunning short white dress and tanned heels and she had her blue cap and gown. "Wow" Jug said when he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "You look amazing" he said and she blushed "thank you" she smiled and gently kissed him. "I have to go I'll see you all inside" she grinned and the serpents waved and walked in to find their seats. When Betty was in her seat she turned around and saw the whole Southside Serpent gang sat in their jackets at the back of the room and she couldn't have been happier. When Betty's name was called and she made her way to the stage the gang clad in leather erupted into cheers, jugheads being the loudest, causing her to giggle and she'd never seen prouder faces.

Betty made her way outside to meet the serpents by their bikes. Her friends heading to Archie's truck and they'll all meet back at the bar for the party. "Hi!" She smiled as she walked over to them. "I'm so proud of you princess" Jug said as he spun her around and Kissed her passionately. After all the serpents hugged and congratulated Betty they all headed back to the bar. The party was in full swing and Betty was so happy; jughead couldn't stop grinning at her as he watched her dance with her friends. He decided now was the time to do it and the box in his back pocket felt like it was burning a hole in his pocket.

As he made his way to the stage he tapped the mic and go everyone's attention. "Hey guys" he smiled. "First, Congratulations to you four who graduated today" he said and looked at Archie, Veronica, Kevin and Betty. "But I want to say how proud I am of you Betty for graduating, even after everything, you truly are the strongest person I know" he said as he locked eyes With her and fangs helped her onto the stage, where jug grabbed her hands. "You are amazing and beautiful and you have such a big heart, I mean you've turned a group of hard biker dudes into people who do karaoke, have family dinners, help you with homework and even let you paint their nails!" He smirked and one of the serpents shouted "hey! I looked good with pink peach nails!" And everyone burst out laughing. "Anyway, you've changed me for the better and you make me so happy everyday and I fall in love With you more and more everyday" he continued "you've made our serpent family complete and I told you I'd make you my queen" he said as he got onto one knee and pulled out the ring and she gasped. "So Elizabeth cooper, will you marry me?"....