Chapter 38

After the little intervention with Betty the others started to clean up because even though they'd only been there a few days it was a bit messy. Meanwhile jughead had taken Betty upstairs to calm down a bit. "Babe?" Jug said from where he was watching her brush her head on the bed. "Yeah?" She said, turning to look at him. "If you're up to it, do you maybe want to get out the house and have a walk?" Jug asked. "Yeah. Yeah I'd like that" Betty said smiling, a real smile. Jug got up from his place on the bed and gave her a massive hug.

A half hour later the couple were strolling the New York streets, hand in hand taking in the sights. "You know" Betty said breaking the comfortable silence. "I almost forgot why we were even here, the competition" she said looking up at Jug. He stopped and placed his hands on her waist. "Well you have been through a lot but taking of the competition I never did forget to tell you how damn proud I am of you betts, honesty what you wrote, it was... it was, incredible" he said and she smiled up at him. "We have your award back at the house, sweetpea picked it up while you were in hospital" Jug added. They stayed in each other's embrace for a while longer until they continued walking and decided to stop for a drink at a little coffee shop. "What do you want babe?" Jug asked. "Ermm a hot chocolate please" she replied. "Can I have a coffee, black and a hot chocolate please" Jug said to the cashier. "Oh can the hot chocolate have marshmallows and cream as well please" Jug added, knowing it was Betty's favourite. The woman behind the cashier smiled and said "that will be $5.95". Jughead pulled out his wallet and Betty said "oh no juggie I'll get it". "Betts, let me treat my amazing girlfriend. Please" he said smirking at her and she blushed. They grabbed their drinks and sat at a table near the window; they stayed there for about an hour talking and laughing like they did before everything happened. "I miss home you know? The bar, the serpents" betty said, plopping a marshmallow in her mouth and taking a sip of her drink getting cream on her nose. Jug laughed and leaned over kissing her nose and licking his lips to get the cream. "We can go home whenever you want after tomorrow, we have a check up appointment to see if you're okay and then we can go whenever" Jug said. "Okay, I've been thinking about my mom" she started and jug reached over the table for her hand and held it gently. "I want answers I do, but as of right now she doesn't want to be found so I'll accept that and eventually when she wants to talk I'll listen but I want to go home and everything to go back to normal. But before I need to talk to chic and Polly" she finished.

Everyone was sat in the living room when the couple got home later that day. They walked in with jugheads arm around Betty's waist and she was laughing at something he had said. She dropped her bag to the floor and excused herself to go to the bathroom. "Wow, that's the first real smile I've seen on her in a while" FP said. "I know, she let it all out and she's decided she wants to talk to Polly and chic but then she's accepted that her mom will talk when she wants, Betty said she wants to go home and go back to normal" jughead said, filling the others in on what Betty told him.

That night Betty and Veronica were in the kitchen because Veronica convinced Betty to help bake Veronica's grandmothers pie. Everyone else was watching some old movie on tv when they heard Veronica shriek from the kitchen. " ELIZABETH COOPER! YOU CANT EAT ALL THE BLUEBERRIES I NEED THEM!". Then Betty's giggling followed Veronica's outbursts and without knowing it, a smile graced everyone's face listening to Betty be happy. This continued for another 15 minuets until Veronica screamed "JUGHEAD COME AND GET YOUR GIRL BEFORE I.... AAHH!" She was cut off when Betty threw some flour on her. Everyone came into the kitchen to find Veronica in the middle of the room with flour all over her and Betty hunched over crying of laughter. "Elizabeth! Why did you do that!" Veronica said calmly, even though she was annoyed she loved that she was getting her best friend back. Everyone looked at Betty. "So I could do this" Betty said and walked over to where Veronica had put the blueberries and started eating them. "Oh you are going to get it" Veronica said and starting chasing her around the kitchen. Betty's laugher filled the room and everyone watched in amusement. "Ahh. help me!" Betty said laughing and jumped behind him and fangs. " no can do princess, I was promised blueberry pie and you keep eating the ingredients" fangs said and starting to tickle her and then Archie and sweetpea joined in. "Juggie save me!" Betty said in between giggles. Jug moved to Betty and picked her up bridal style. "Always" he said and kissed her. When betty and Veronica went back to cooking toni turned to the others. "Looks like we're finally getting our sunshine back". Jug smiled and said "yes, yes we are".

{leave prompts and ideas! Thanks for all your support!💗}