Chapter 42

That night Betty was sat in their bed writing in her diary when jughead walked in. "What do you write about in there? I always see you scribbling away" he said as he sat next to her. "Wouldn't you like to know" she said and he smirked. "How are you?" He asked. "I'm okay" she said and rested her head on his shoulder. "Juggie?" She asked after a moment. "Yeah?". "I love you" she said and he smiled down at her. "I love you more than life it's self Elizabeth Cooper" he returned.

Jughead woke up in the middle of night with Betty sprawled on his chest and he couldn't keep the grin off his face. He felt so lucky to have her. He gently pushed her off him and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. He checked his phone to see some messages of Toni and fangs about the serpents wanting to throw a birthday party for Betty since her birthday was next week. He typed a reply that they could throw a party but not to do to much so she would get overwhelmed. As he put his phone down he felt a pair of arms snake around his torso and he smiled and turned around to face the culprit. "Mmm and what are you doing sleepyhead?" He beamed down at her. "I missed you in bed" she said and buried her head in his chest. "Well we can't have that now can we" he said and picked her up bridal style causing her to giggle and he pressed a kiss to her head. He gently placed her back in bed and got in on top her, kissing her passionately. "I love you" she panted. "I love you too" he said as he spooned her and kissed her temple before drifting off to sleep.

The next morning Betty decided she was going to take some time off school and FP had sorted out for her to only do two days at school a week at the moment because they all agreed to she needs to take time to physically and mentally recover from the stress she was put through. So the couple could now spend their mornings in bed and take time getting ready in the mornings. When they got down to the bar to have breakfast they were hand in hand whispering and stealing kisses. "Wow I haven't seen you two like this happy in ages" Toni said as they couple sat down at the table with fangs and Sweetpea. "Yeah, happy looks good on you" Sweetpea said and jughead pulled Betty closer to his side. "Want a chocolate croissant babe?" Jug asked. "Always" she said causing everyone to laugh. "You know one day we'll get you to eat something else for breakfast" fangs smirked. "I doubt itttt" Betty said in a sing song voice.

Betty and jughead spent the day cleaning their apartment as they had kind of been neglecting it the last few weeks. Betty was in a pair of pink panties and matching bra with one of jugs shirts over her and her glasses on. "I didn't know you wore glasses" Jug said. "I don't like to I look weird" she said. "I happen to think you look adorable" Jug reassured her. She smiled and stood on her tip toes and kissed him softly. Jug was in awe of Betty as he watched her clean the kitchen, dancing around and singing softly to the songs coming from the speaker, her golden hair was flowing and the smile on her face was priceless. Betty's voice broke him out of his thoughts. "What are you looking at?" She smirked. He made his way over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist and she did the same with her arms around his shoulders. "Betts... you are so beautiful and this the first time in a long time I've seen you truly happy, and I never want to see you sad again" he said and brought tears to her eyes. "Jug" she sniffed. "I love you... I know it's been tough on you to watch me be sad and hurt but I'm getting better... I have you to help me" she said and he picked her up and spun her around as he kissed her. "You'll always have me" he said.