Chapter 98

Jughead was working in the office the next day when he was interrupted by a knock at his door. "Come in" he yelled. "Hi Jug. Betty's down here and she doesn't look to good" fangs said. "I'm coming" Jug said as he got up and went into the bar. He found Betty sat at the bar talking with Toni. "Hey Betts" Jug said. "Hello" Betty said a little drowsily. She was still in her pyjamas and was very pale. "Why don't we get you upstairs" Jug said softly, reaching out for her hand. "God Jug! Get off me I'm capable of doing things for myself!" Betty snapped; taking jughead, fangs and Toni by surprise. Betty suddenly stood by got dizzy and stumbled a little. "woah" Jug said stepping forward to steady her. "I'm sorry for snapping" she said, and to confuse everyone more: she burst into tears. "Hey. Betts, hey it's okay" Jug said and pulled her in for a hug. "Come on you need to go upstairs and get some rest" he said as he lead her back up to the apartment.

"I'm sorry for being rude" she sniffed as he wiped her tears and tucked her into their bed. "Don't apologise it's okay" Jug smiled. "Do you need anything sweetheart?" He asked. "No thank you" she said and with a kiss to her cheek he left her to sleep. After about half an hour of watching TV jughead went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and then headed into the bedroom. Betty sat up when he walked in and he smiled. "Drink this betts, you'll feel better" he said as he handed her the glass. "Thanks juggie" she said gratefully. "Can I have some chocolate chip pancakes?" She asked after a moment. "What?" Jug Asked. "You don't like chocolate chip pancakes" he added. "But I want some" she said as tears pooled in her eyes. "Okay, it's okay I'll make you some" he said quickly and went into the kitchen.

Jughead watched as Betty sat at the table eating her pancakes. "These are gross" she whined, but still ate them. "Then why are you eating them?" He asked, confused but slightly amused. "Because I want them" she stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Is there a reason you're watching me?" She asked. "Nope" he smirked and continued to watch her.  When she finished they sat and watched TV until Betty dashed off to the bathroom and was sick; again. "I've got you" Jug repeated as he held her hair back. "That came out of nowhere" she sighed when she sat up. "I think maybe we should take you too a doctor tomorrow, you don't seem to be getting better honey" he said as he helped her so she could clean up. "Yeah. Okay we'll go" she sighed. He pulled her into his arms and picked her up taking her to the couch. "I know you don't want to go but I want you to get better" he said as he kissed her and she just nodded. "I know". "Okay I'm going to run you a bath" he said and moved to the bathroom. "And I'll put one of them fancy bath bomb things in that you love so much" he yelled from the bathroom causing her to giggle. "Don't forget the candles!" She yelled back. "How about rose petals as well princess?" He teased as he came back and sat next to her, pulling her into his lap. "I know you're mocking me but I wouldn't be opposed to the idea" she said and she could feel the laughter through his chest.

When she was in the bath, and after jughead had checked on her for the second time she was thinking about everything; how she was sick, and her moods were all over the place, and her craving for food that she hated. Suddenly sitting up and checking the date on her phone she realised something. She'd missed her period. She couldn't be could she? Trying to piece together how she was feeling and all the weird things she placed a hand over her stomach, it looked normal.

Was she pregnant?