Chapter 60

When they got back to the bar from the cake tasting they were immediately Ambushed by Veronica and Kevin. "B! Finally! We've been waiting for you, we need to talk about your dress!" Veronica squealed coming up to Betty and dragging her to a table. Before Kevin could follow jughead pulled him aside. "Hey man, look betts still is recovering both physically and mentally and she had a little panic attack yesterday when Veronica tried to help plan, she wanted Simple so can you keep an eye on her please?" He asked Kevin. "Of course!" Kevin smiled and went to join Veronica and Betty.

After about an hour Betty went over to where all the serpents were playing pool "Hey Betts" Jug said as he pulled her to his side. "Are you okay? It's not to much for you?" He asked and she shook her head no. "I'm okay... for now" she added. "I actually came to speak to Toni and fangs" she said as she turned to them. "Veronica has booked a dress appointment in an hour to start looking and I was wandering if you two wanted to come?" She said with a smile. "Us?" Toni grinned. "Yeah, I need opinions that aren't just Ronnies and kevs and I need people to keep me sane" she said. "We'd love too! Finally being your second designated gay bestie comes in handy!" Fangs joked and everyone laughed. "Okay let's go then" Betty said. "Hey babe, can I talk to you a second" Jug said before she left and she nodded. He lead her away from everyone. "If you feel overwhelmed or anything call me okay? I know Toni and fangs are going but I'm only a phone call away honey okay?" He said. "I promise, thank you for looking out for me" she said and kissed him softly. "Always, I love you" he said. "I love you too" she said and with one last kiss she was off.

At the dress shop Betty had tried on all the dresses Veronica had wanted her too and then Kevin mercifully had said "V, they're beautiful but it's Betty's day and she doesn't want anything big so betts go and chose what you want" so she did, with Toni and fangs help she picked out a dress she loved:

She came out to show her friends and they all fell in love. "Oh my god!" "Woah!" "Holy crap you look amazing!" "I love it!" "You're beautiful!" "Thats it that is the dress!" "It is stunning!" They all burst with praises. "I love it" Betty said as she looked at herself in the mirror; she finally felt beautiful. "You look gorgeous Betty" Toni said as she stood next to her with fangs. "Jugs gonna die when he sees you!" Fangs joked. "Okay! We would like to buy this dress please!" Veronica called over the owner of the shop. "V! I don't even know how much it costs!" Betty whisper shouted. "B. After everything you've been through, you've been amazing, I don't know anyone more deserving of that dress than you" Veronica said as she took Betty's hands "so... I'm buying it for you!" Veronica added. "V! I can't ask you to do that!" Betty said as she wiped tears from her eyes. "Betty. Let me do this for you, you've done everything for me over the years" Veronica said as Betty hugged her.

After saying goodbye to Kevin and Veronica; Betty, Toni and fangs made their way back to the bar. FP told them that jug was in his office and Betty said she was exhausted and was going to have a bath. Toni and fangs went to see Jug. "Hey guys, Where's betts?" Jug said when they came into the office. "Having bath, she's so tired, this is the most she's done in a long time" fangs said and jug nodded. "How was it?" Jug asked. "Dude! She looked amazing!" Fangs said. "Yeah, uttering stunning" Toni smiled and jug grinned at them. "And how was she? Any anxiety?" Jug pressed. "I think so, she was a bit fidgety but I don't know I think you should talk to her but apart from that she was fine" Toni said, fangs nodded in agreement. "Okay! Thanks guys, I'm gonna head up and see her" Jug said and left to go to the apartment.

"Betts?" He called when he entered the apartment. "I'm in the bath!" She yelled back and he walked over to the door. "Can I come in?" He asked softly and she said he could. "How you doing?" He asked as he knelt next to the bath. "I'm okay, just tired" she said. He stayed by the bath just gently stroking her hair before she asked for her towel and he helped her out and wrapped the towel around her. He gently sat her down on the toilet and crouched infront of her, taking her hands in his. "Baby, you seem a bit on edge, is there something wrong?" He asked. "I brought the perfect dress juggie" she said and he looked at her confused. "Isn't that a good thing?" He said. "Yes! It's just... I felt beautiful and I'm not used to that... all my life moms controlled what I've worn and my weight and I learnt to hate my body it was just a lot to feel beautiful in something" she said and let her tears fall. He reached up to wipe them away and said "Betts there is nothing wrong with your body you're gorgeous and it makes me so happy to know that you love your wedding dress baby... you should feel beautiful because god betts you ALWAYS look gorgeous" he said and she smiled at him. He helped her dry off and she put on one of his shirts and panties. He cuddled her in their bed and after a while he said "thank you for telling me earlier that you felt overwhelmed, I know it used to be hard to talk about these things". "It still is hard to talk about these things but you make me feel safe to talk about it" she said and he kissed her temple. "I'm glad baby" he said before adding "so fangs and Toni told me your dress is jaw dropping so just a warning I might die from how stunning you'll look" he teased and she burst out laughing.