Chapter 43

Jughead was down in the bar planning Betty's birthday party with the serpents. "Okay me, fangs, Sweetpea and Toni are going to take Betty down to the quarry for the day as it's hot
and dads gonna start setting up this place for the party, Okay?" Jug said and everyone got to work. When he got upstairs Betty was already in bed asleep and he crept in next to her and fell asleep.

The next morning jughead was woken up by the birthday girl herself. She was sat up over him and bouncing up and down. "Juggie... wake up" she said. "Mmm what?" He mumbled. "It's my birthday" she beamed at him. He sat up and smiled at how adorable she was. "Really? It is?" He joked and she giggled. He pulled her into him and kissed her senseless. "Happy birthday gorgeous" he smiled and she hugged him. "Now do you want your present?" He asked and she squealed. He passed her the present. Betty opened it up and inside was a locket with a picture of the two of them in. "Juggie... I love it... thank you" she said and jumped into his arms again. "I love you... and your welcome" he said, squeezing her tightly against him. "I love you too".

After a birthday breakfast and more presents, they were all down at the quarry. While everyone was swimming, Betty stood taking pictures on the new camera FP has gifted her. A pair of arms snaked around her waist. "Have I told you how gorgeous you look in this bikini" Jug said into her ear as he gently caressed the yellow bikini she had on. Giggling, she turned around and kissed him "maybe once or twice but you can say it again" she laughed and he chuckles kissing her again. "Well then, you look absolutely gorgeous birthday girl". "Are you having a good day?" He asked her as they made their way into the water again. "I am, the best day ever. Thank you" she said as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Good, I love seeing you happy" he said. Suddenly a mischievous look came into her eyes and then she pushed herself off him, splashing him and then swimming off; yelling over her shoulder "come and get me jones!". Laughing her took off after her "oh you're on cooper!".

Meanwhile fangs, Sweetpea and Toni were watching with grins on their faces. "I haven't seen her like this in ages" Toni smiled. "I know, so carefree, I love it. We truly have our sunshine back" fangs said watching the couple as they splashed each other with water. "Let's hope her birthday party just goes to plan" Sweetpea added...