Chapter 90

That night jughead woke up to Betty thrashing around next to him. "Betts?" He asked quietly. "Betty?" He said again and gently shook her shoulder. Suddenly she shot up, panting and she was sweating. "What.. juggie?" She panted. "I'm here betts. I've got you you're okay" he shushed as he pulled her into a hug. "What happened?" He asked. "Nightmare" She mumbled into his chest. After a while they lay back down. Jughead lay awake for a while and noticed Betty was too agitated to sleep. "Baby? Come here" he said and stood and pulled her out the bed. He handed her his hoodie over her pyjamas. "Where are we going?" She asked curiously. "Out" he said, grabbing her hand and not saying anymore than that.

Jughead lead down to the beach and sat them on some rocks where could watch the ocean; he knew it calmed Betty and he wanted her to calm down so when they got back to their hotel room she could sleep peacefully. "You feeling Better sweetheart?" He asked after a while. Betty was sat in between his legs, with his arms wrapped around her. "Yes. Thank you for bringing me here" she said. "It's okay" he smiled. "Juggie Can I tell you something?" She said after a few moments of silence. "Always Baby" he said. "I'm scared" she said so quietly that he almost missed it. "Of what?" He said and held her tightly. "I don't think I'll be a good wife. I know our honeymoons supposed to be happy but it's been bothering me and I don't want to keep secrets" she sighed. "You can tell me anything" he said. "Sometimes I feel like my mind is all mumbled up and I feel so down. You shouldn't have to deal with that, but I'm happy you want to" she said. "Oh honey. I wish you'd told me sooner. I love you Betty jones and I know it's frustrating when you feel prisoner in your own mind but I promise you, I'll stand by you always. If you need some space I'll give it to you, if you want to lock yourself in the apartment and cry endlessly I'll buy you all the takeout you want and supply the tissues. And If you feel a bit insecure and you want to cuddle with me all day that's okay too" he smiled into her hair. "Promise?" She said. "I promise" he said and kissed her temple.

Later on they were back in the hotel room and Betty went straight to the balcony. Jughead sat on the bed reading a book; he looked at the clock and it was 1:10am. He let Betty be for a while and he knew that she'd been stressed from the wedding, the flights and then her injuries and he knew it Finally had hit her. After about 15 minutes she came in wiping tears off her face and then heading into the bathroom. "You good baby?" He asked and she nodded and curled into him on the bed. "Yeah. Sorry I feel so much better now I had to get that out" she sighed. "Can we order some room service?" She asked and he put his book down and looked at her with a smirk. "You don't have to convince me" he laughed and picked up the phone to Order food.

They sat cross legged opposite each other on the bed with eggs, toast and coffees in front of them. "I love that we can do this" she giggled. "Me too. I'm glad we're here together" he said and leant over to kiss her softly. "You know, I've never had food after bedtime" she said. "Really?" He asked. "My mom would never let me" she said. "Well then. We have a lot of late night meals to make up for" he grinned and held his fork out so she could take a bite. "There's no one else I'd rather eat eggs and toast with at 1am than you" she smiled.