Chapter 95

The day before they left to go home, the newly weds woke up early and went on a hike and then spent the rest of the day on the beach. "I really don't want to leave" Jug said as he lay his head on Betty's lap; she was sat up reading a book on the beach. Betty smiled down at him and moved the hair from his face. "Me neither" she sighed. "We need to go to Mario's again though!" Betty said. "We'll go for lunch" Jug agreed.

By the time lunch came they were back in their favourite Italian. Antonio was delighted to see them and sat with then while they Ate, telling them stories About the restaurant, his wife and his life. "One day you'll have a beautiful family!" Antonio gushed, handing them dessert menus. "One day" Jug smiled and grabbed Betty's hand. "Okay dessert on the house!" Antonio said and walked away while the couple looked over the menus. They ordered and once again it was divine. "You kids better come back and visit soon!" Antonio said as he hugged them goodbye.

When they got back to their hotel, they pulled out their suitcases and started to pack up their things. Betty went into the bathroom to grab their toiletries but was suddenly hit with a familiar sinking feeling in her stomach. "Jug!" She choked Out as she gripped onto the sink. "Yeah babe?" He called back but her breathing was too staggered to answer. "Betts?" He called again but when he got no response he entered the bathroom to find his wife, holding onto the sink, bent over and having trouble breathing. "Betts?! Are you okay?! What happened?!" He asked concerned. "I..c.can't.. breath" she cried. "P..panic..attack" she managed to get out. Jug instantly snapped into action and moved to her side and rubbed her back but she moved away from his touch; realising she wasn't ready for that. "Baby. Can you look at me?" He asked softly and she moved her head to lock eyes with him. "Good. Can I hold your hands?" He asked, not wanting to startle her. She nodded weakly and he grabbed her hands so we wouldn't harm herself. "Okay, take some deep breaths for me betts" he said and started taking breaths in and out so she could copy, which she did. "You're doing great baby" he said. "That's it keep breathing you're okay, I'm here" he assured her. After a few moments she seemed calm enough so he grabbed a hot cloth and gently wiped her cheeks of tears and makeup. "Let's go and sit down" he said and lead her to the chair by the window and he kneeled in front of her. "Can you tell me what happened betts?" He softly asked. "It just hit me. That we have to go home tomorrow and life continues and this little happy bubble that we have will be popped and...." she trailed off to wipe the tears that have begin to fall. "I've been so happy Jug. Happier than I've been since my mom kicked me out, and chic, and my accidents... and this, me You has been Amazing and I don't want to go back to reality" she sniffed. "Oh honey, I promise you me and you will stay the same. I don't want to go back either but we have a family betts and I'm so excited for the rest of our lives together" he said and a small smile made his way on her face. "Betts, I know that you'll struggle at home with certain things and your anxiety gets the best of you but I promise you I will be by your side the whole way, you can always lean on me okay?" He said and she nodded. "I love you Betty jones". "I love you Jughead Jones" and kissed leant down to kiss him. "Okay let's finish the packing and watch a movie okay?" He said and she nodded.

When they had finished packing they had a shower and jughead pulled his laptop out to put on a film. He was flicking through the options. "How about the breakfast club babe?" He asked, but Betty didn't answer. "Betts?" He asked as he turned around, but smiled when he was met With her sleeping, snuggled into the covers, her hand over his pillow. He shut off his laptop and gently moved laying next to her and pulling her into his arms. He watched her breathing even out as she fell deeper and deeper asleep. He kissed her cheek then her forehead before placing his head on his own pillow and falling asleep. The last thought he had before falling asleep was he would do anything in his power to make her safe and happy for the rest of her life.

{I'm back! I'll be posting daily from now on💗leave comments and ideas}